5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

i have a ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 07:34 PM
eliptical_illusions

Default i have a ?

has anyone ever had a problem with the transmission shaking too much after rebuilding their engine...i checked the mounts on the tranny and the motor and they were tight but my tranny still shakes real bad once i get to like 2500 RPM's...anyone have any ideas on what it might be
Old 05-15-2008, 08:01 PM
droptop302
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: i have a ?

stick or auto?
Old 05-15-2008, 08:41 PM
eliptical_illusions

its a stick with an estimated 500 HP
Old 05-15-2008, 08:48 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Heres a better question.

What did you do to the engine?
Is it a stroker, rebuild? what parts did you replace?
Are you still using the stock flywheel?

details are your friend, give us as much as possible!
Old 05-15-2008, 08:54 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

could be a bad flywheel or something and its not the correct balance for the new motor.
which if thats it you've prolly totally f'd all your bearings by now cause of the imbalance.
or it could be as easy as a driveshaft put in 180 off.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:58 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: ctgreddy

could be a bad flywheel or something and its not the correct balance for the new motor.
which if thats it you've prolly totally f'd all your bearings by now cause of the imbalance.
or it could be as easy as a driveshaft put in 180 off.
Don't speculate until we have more information... It's posts like this^^^ that help spread bad info!
Old 05-15-2008, 09:19 PM
eliptical_illusions

ok so here is what is all done to it...it has a 331 stroker kit in it...lifters, roller rockers, vlv springs, edelbrock alluminum heads, edelbrock upper and lower intake(pro performer), 75 mm throttle body, mass air meter, fuel injectors, short throw shifter, trickflow stage 1 cam which is equivelant to the e-303, a/c delete, smog delete, egr delete, cold air intake, mac headers with off road h pipe to cat back flowmasters, high flow oil pump, stage 2 clutch, that is everything that is done to the engine...and this is what i just got done replacing

crankshaft, main bearings, rod bearings, cam, lifters, a/c delete, smog delete, high volume oil pump and yes i still have the stock flywheel
Old 05-15-2008, 09:30 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: eliptical_illusions

ok so here is what is all done to it...it has a 331 stroker kit in it...lifters, roller rockers, vlv springs, edelbrock alluminum heads, edelbrock upper and lower intake(pro performer), 75 mm throttle body, mass air meter, fuel injectors, short throw shifter, trickflow stage 1 cam which is equivelant to the e-303, a/c delete, smog delete, egr delete, cold air intake, mac headers with off road h pipe to cat back flowmasters, high flow oil pump, stage 2 clutch, that is everything that is done to the engine...and this is what i just got done replacing

crankshaft, main bearings, rod bearings, cam, lifters, a/c delete, smog delete, high volume oil pump and yes i still have the stock flywheel
i can almost guarantee you, that this is your problem.

Are you aware that there are three standard weight offsets for balancing a motor?

Stock is a 50oz imbalance, most strokers use a 28oz imbalance, and some high end builds use a neutral balance.

At this point, I think it would be safe to say you have PROBABLY ****ed up your block by now.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:33 PM
eliptical_illusions

i havent ran or drove it but for like maybe at the most 30 mins or so...i didnt drive it because i didnt know what the problem was do you still think that i ****ed up the block
Old 05-15-2008, 09:35 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: eliptical_illusions

i havent ran or drove it but for like maybe at the most 30 mins or so...i didnt drive it because i didnt know what the problem was do you still think that i ****ed up the block
yup