MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   eibach drag springs CUT EM? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/445820-eibach-drag-springs-cut-em.html)

TTGreenSN95 05-16-2008 10:56 AM

eibach drag springs CUT EM?

I just bought eibach drag springs going to install them this weekend.

1994 GT everything still on the motor ac smog pump so its riding stock heavy.

Question should I cut them first I want it about an inch lower than stock it looked like a 4x4 before I put the steeda lowered springs on I dont want the 4x4 look but not quite as low as the steeda springs anyone have a pick of a sn95 with drag springs in the front uncut is it going to be high as hell in the front if I dont cut a coil or 2 off?

I know these things are a mofo to get in so I dont want to have to do it twice.

any and all input apprecated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

5.0kid 05-16-2008 11:15 AM

RE: eibach drag springs CUT EM?

i just put them in this winter and it dropped my ride height about 3/4" it looks lower though because i went with skinneys up front and a 15" rim i like how it looks but i know soem people want it lower

5.0kid 05-16-2008 11:16 AM

forgot to add i have a blower along with ac/ps and smog pump delete bracket so im weighted down up front also

FivePointOhh 05-16-2008 01:33 PM

im installing mine monday, im not going to cut them though, my neighbor has some in and they lowered his almost an inch.

waiting on my spring compressor

five0fm 05-16-2008 01:36 PM

yeah it says right on the instructions it will lower the ride height. dont cut them it defeats the purpose of drag springs lol. i had bbk lowering springs on mine before i did the swap and it raised it a little so i didnt have wheel alignment probs but it still looked low. and i did mine easy without a spring compressor

stanguy306 05-16-2008 02:39 PM

When I had Eibach drag launch springs my car sat yes like a 4x4 I hated the look but functionality was great....with 50/50 and 70/10's rode like a cadillac and launched hard.
I think your going to get mixed answers on this....cuz depends on the car you start with...like my 93 coupe sits higher than my 87...I dont know if its the mileage on the car or the weight or? So if I put the drag launches it the the 93 it may lower it a hair...but if I the drag launches in the 87 it would lift the car....since you have an SN95 I would just put them car is heavier and may sit a lower....but I dont think its going to lower car over stock.....see if somebody is running them on a SN95 ask them....thanks

TTGreenSN95 05-17-2008 07:55 AM

Thanks for the input Ill throw them on uncut and see how it goes!

projectresto83 05-17-2008 08:40 AM

When you buy springs they are made to lower the car to some level. Whne you cut them you can screw up the ride with alot of them.

OnyxCobra 05-17-2008 11:23 AM

When I had steeda springs in my car it still sat way too high, can't imagine wanting to go higher then those.