5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Need some suggestions

Old 06-03-2008, 06:42 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Default Need some suggestions

The vehicle in question is a 93 F-250 with a 351 and E4OD tranny. When i put truck in gear it wants to stall. If i am at a stop light and i start to go it wants to stall. CEL will come on occasionally but doe's not stay on. I checked for vacuum leaks under hood and cleaned the IAC. No vac leaks and cleaning iac didnt help. I dont know if this can be related, but when it starting acting up so did my speedo (jumping around) These tranny's are known for "rumbling" normally a tranny fluid change or flush will fix it. I changed tranny fluid but did not flush the whole system. The rumbling is gone but the other problems are still present. I had a shop try and pull codes. The scanner came up with nothing and none stored either. Any suggestions, i dont want to start throwing parts at it.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:51 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Need some suggestions

TTT
Old 06-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FASTBLACK&lt\\;br&gt\\;&lt\\;br&gt\\;The vehicle in question is a 93 F-250 with a 351 and E4OD tranny. When i put truck in gear it wants to stall. If i am at a stop light and i start to go it wants to stall. CEL will come on occasionally but doe’s not stay on. I checked for vacuum leaks under hood and cleaned the IAC. No vac leaks and cleaning iac didnt help. I dont know if this can be related, but when it starting acting up so did my speedo (jumping around) These tranny’s are known for &quot\\;rumbling&quot\\; normally a tranny fluid change or flush will fix it. I changed tranny fluid but did not flush the whole system. The rumbling is gone but the other problems are still present. I had a shop try and pull codes. The scanner came up with nothing and none stored either. Any suggestions, i dont want to start throwing parts at it.&lt\\;br&gt\\;
&lt\\;br&gt\\;Obviously, it has an intermittent EEC problem....... the VSS signal (speedo jumping) is one of the signals used by the EEC to control the speeds shifting pattern + lock-up control. The fact that codes are inaccessible is the symptom you need to concentrate on, something as simple as a bad ground will cause the condition you describe or a faulty solenoids harness in the transmission (BTSTDTRT). Suggest to check the &lt\\;a href=&quot\\;http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.p...t\\;&quot\\;No Codes?&quot\\;&lt\\;/a&gt\\; checklist and LUK the results.&lt\\;br&gt\\;
Old 06-05-2008, 09:12 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the reply joel. I've been reading up on this all day. I'm getting conflicting results about the vss location. I've been reading it's on the diff. I unplugged that and went for a ride, obviously that is my abs sensor. With that disconnected my abs light was on and speedo did not work at all but it did not stall one time...only problem was it shifted hard. Is the vss and abs module one in the same? I plugged it back in and got the same symptoms as before(speedo jumping,stalling and no abs light). I've taken the pan off and it was very clean, no metal or trash and magnet was clean. Just before dark i spotted another connector on drivers side of tailshaft, what module what that be? Is there anything i can rule out so far? Thanks for the help.

Keith