5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Opinions on trick flow high port heads?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Turbo5point0
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Opinions on trick flow high port heads?

Ya my kit is built to be used on a stock 5.0 But I have a good oportunity to buy a fresh engine cheap and its built for boost. It has a customcam, Dss 8.2 to 1 pistons,highport aluminum heads and explorer gt40 upperand lower intakes.Turbo Kit is built to fitthe stock motor and eveything fits pretty tight. Trying to figure out if the headers would be close. Also how close do you think that the gt 40 exploer intakes would match up to the stock ones? Dont mind doing a little fab work as long as they match up fairly close.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Turbo5point0
1st Gear Member

Not many tech guys on these forums. Where is the best place to post some tech questions?
Old 07-01-2008, 03:03 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

You are losing me on the intake match up.You have not told us what kit you have as far as turbo so for any of us to tell you thatthe headers will fit would be hard to say. I think it wont. the crossover if it issingle wont fit with out making it longerdue to raising the ports it will make the crossover need to be wider and will the crossover hit the oil pan now that you have moved everything up? They move the exhaust ports up what 3/4 or is 1/2 of a inch. I should know I have a set.that is a lot when talking about header room.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Turbo5point0
1st Gear Member

The turbo kit is a hp stage one single kit.
The Intake is a gt40 upper and lower off of an exporler. I was just wondering how far the high ports would move the position of the headers up and how much the intake would move up. Just trying to figure out if there is anyways I could make this work or if its even worth the fab work.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:44 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

from what people say i'm starting to wish i woulda got the hiports instead of the canfields.
but dosen't matter anyways my canfields are just sitting on a workbench wrapped up and i'm not even sure when they'll get used again
Old 07-01-2008, 05:13 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

^^^I doubt you'll need high ports on your motor for what your goals are
Old 07-01-2008, 05:28 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mjr46

^^^I doubt you'll need high ports on your motor for what your goals are

whats that saposed to mean!!!!
haha.
i'd like to make as much power as a n/a 347 can make.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:34 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

meaning..you should have plenty of power!!!..I'll let you know how a similar set up does by thursday I just built for a customer..it has canfield 195's, 347 bottom end , Jay allen custom grind cam .....1. 6 rockers and rpm air gap intake and 650 demon carb and 1 5/8 LT'S
Old 07-01-2008, 05:39 PM
woodsy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ctgreddy

from what people say i'm starting to wish i woulda got the hiports instead of the canfields.
but dosen't matter anyways my canfields are just sitting on a workbench wrapped up and i'm not even sure when they'll get used again
The canfield is basically a hi port with the exhaust raised only .400 instead of .750, dont blow your junk up and then get mad when I am redoing the short for COST, no profit, nothing, because you didnt have any money to rebuild your f$%k up. You would think your the only customer I have. Add 32 in front of you.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:38 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

i know i'm not your only customer woody and you have no idea how greatful i am that your giving me a steal on fixing it. But you act like I blew it up on purpose. And the only reason i keep emailing you is because you tell me it'll be done a certain week, and its not, so i just get curious as to if a setback has been hit or something. You know if you were me you'd be just as impatient, sorry...

Quick Reply: Opinions on trick flow high port heads?