MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Carb tuning question. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/461036-carb-tuning-question.html)

Indy 07-06-2008 05:03 PM

Carb tuning question.

Hey guys,
Does anyone know if there is a recommended maximum jet size (to stay within operating range) for lets say, a Holley HP 750 double pumper? Thanks,
Indy

hillbilly pony 07-06-2008 05:11 PM

RE: Carb tuning question.

Call Pro-Systems. Patrick is the guy. Give them your specs and they should be able to give you a idea. (727) 490-5717.

tinman 07-06-2008 05:16 PM

What your air density is will give you the answer to this question.
For starters what is the alitude above sea level that you are at?

Indy 07-07-2008 06:37 AM

Sorry guys, I shouldn't have titled the subject as "Carb tuning question". I'm more asking a general question to any carburetor experts out there. The question is (disregard tuning all together)... Does a 750cfm Double Pumper/HP carburetor have a maximum applicable jet size to remain within operating range of that carburetor. For example, the Edelbrock Carburetor has a tuning kit with all the applicable combinations of jets/rods for a 600cfm EPS carb. However, the tuning kit for a 750cfm EPS carb is a totally different part number, containing a different set of jets/rods that are applicable combinations to that size carb. Hopefully my question isn't that stupid, but some insight would be great!
Indy

mjr46 07-07-2008 07:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Indy

Sorry guys, I shouldn't have titled the subject as "Carb tuning question". I'm more asking a general question to any carburetor experts out there. The question is (disregard tuning all together)... Does a 750cfm Double Pumper/HP carburetor have a maximum applicable jet size to remain within operating range of that carburetor. For example, the Edelbrock Carburetor has a tuning kit with all the applicable combinations of jets/rods for a 600cfm EPS carb. However, the tuning kit for a 750cfm EPS carb is a totally different part number, containing a different set of jets/rods that are applicable combinations to that size carb. Hopefully my question isn't that stupid, but some insight would be great!
Indy
I understand your question and what your asking as for holley carbs there is no tuning kit that comes in a package like edelbrock.....two different style carbs and set ups.....jet size on holleys range on dp's from 64's up to 99 if you want but if you have to put the largest jet in to get it to run good then you got to small a carb....jet size for my holleys have always stayed in the 60's to 70's range on my sbf windsors......holley doesn't use the metering rod set up..just jet changes, air bleeds if equipped, accel pumps and cams and squirters..ect ect...;)

Indy 07-07-2008 03:12 PM

Thanks mjr46! Exactly what I was looking for.:D
Indy