5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

highway shimy

Old 04-18-2003, 09:35 PM
lloydchristmas
3rd Gear Member

Default highway shimy

The stock VR6 went 15.0 with me driving and 15.2 with him driving. So 1.8 your *** out the door.
Old 04-19-2003, 06:15 PM
jbirdsfive0

Default highway shimy

i would just like to say that i apritiate all of your helpful knowledge. on the other hand, in response to 1.8t, i must argue the fact that there is no clear winner. i happen to notice everytime that we have raced, i seem to notice something in my rearview. that is correct, it is your 1.8t. the only time he ever wins is around corners(for now) and top speed, and that is because i do not feel like going to jail so once i prove my point by beating him i let off and he oes by. i must not fail to mention i have astock engine with over 145,000 miles on her. have a nice day.
Old 04-20-2003, 09:01 PM
1.8TURBOS RULE

Default highway shimy

You can tell that JayBird is lying about out 1/4 mile antics because he says "I seem to notice something in my rearview mirror" Everyone knows that a mustang rear-view mirror falls off and gets jammed under the rubber floor mats after two to three years of use. It is a Ford after all.

But now I have to spill the beans here. My 1.8T has an exhaust and an intake and it runs 11.04e.t. @ 119 mph. JayBirds 5.0 is fully built up with 2300 miles on his single turbo conversion and he runs a 11.23e.t. @ 116 mph. I don't know where you guys get your information, but those are the cold hard facts.

P.S.I would like to thanks Bob Vila and the whole crew at Habitat For Humanity for providing a double-wide manufactured home to my local mustang owner, he lost his job at the refinery and things have been going down hill since.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:19 PM
converted
2nd Gear Member

Default highway shimy

11.04 with exhaust and an intake? You must be using a G-Tech to get your times. Oh, wait... whats that you say??? You are giving 1/8th mile times and the 119 is your top speed?
Old 04-22-2003, 01:33 AM
1.8TURBOS RULE

Default highway shimy

I'm sorry but it is odvious I do not own a G-Tech because i do not own a mustang....much like trailer parks and mustangs, G-Tech's and mustangs go hand in hand.
Old 04-22-2003, 01:09 PM
converted
2nd Gear Member

Default highway shimy

Actually, the only time I have ever seen a G-Tech in a car was when it involved rice. Sorry to dissappoint you there. Hey, if you are so into your foriegn crap car why are you on a mustang forum? Just to stir up crap I take it.

BTW, with your spelling, it's OBVIOUS that you are the one from the trailer park.
Old 04-22-2003, 03:20 PM
spike306
2nd Gear Member

Default highway shimy

i'm sorry, maybe i'm on drugs, but think that the topic of discussion was highway shimmy. 1.8 is not a 5.0, so please go and let the rest of us get back to helping others that ask for it. you can go and bash stangs on your own site.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:17 PM
1.8TURBOS RULE

Default highway shimy

I am not a stang basher. i like mustangs a lot more than I like rice, but I love VW's which are nothing like rice. I write a lot on the VW forums, and I have noticed the overwhelming hate you guys have for anything other than a mustang. Go to vwvortex.com and search for mustang. You will find some really friendly, helpful posts, unlike this forum site. I can't remember the last time anyone said anything helpful about my buddies shimy, so keep up the hate.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:02 AM
stevesstangs

Default highway shimy

Before going though all the trouble of balancing what could be perfectly good tires... have you tried swapping wheels? (Back to front, front to back) and see if the vibration moves to the front of the car? Just an idea.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:36 PM
spike306
2nd Gear Member

Default highway shimy

hey plenty of us gave many helpful suggestions about the shimmy, including myself. the only reason i posted that in the first place, was to point out the fact that were here to help others, talk about stangs, and share stories. we're not here to battle others online. however, i have noticed you trying to give some help every now and then, all i'm pointing out is this site is here for one reason

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: highway shimy