5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

How much to expect??

Old 07-21-2008, 05:37 PM
mustangsneverdie
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How much to expect??

[quote]ORIGINAL: FuzzyDiceRule

mustangsneverdie, you seem to think that i dont know what im talking about, once again, ill repeat, its just a number, what matters is 1/4 mile time, someone could have 500 hp and run 14's if their car wasnt setup right, or they had a ****ty driver
and once again, ill reiterate, saying "if you dont have horsepower at the flywheel, youll have none at the tires" yadda yadda, is the stupidest thing i have ever heard, thats like saying, oh, if i didnt have pistons on my 1, 5, and 8 cylinders, i wouldnt make as much horsepower your trying to tell me what i already know to be untrue, STFU and dont go around calling people jackasses, it may just get your *** kicked in the real world

once again, dynos dont matter, its just a number,

well thats not what you were saying in your last post and let me tell you if you go around calling people fools in the real world you just might get urs kickedand what you said about the 500 hp i agree with that what i gave to 1970 coupe is a number and where i think he is go back and read it and think about how much hp he actually does have at the flywheel

Old 07-21-2008, 05:41 PM
mustangsneverdie
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FuzzyDiceRule

if my exhaust gives me 20 hp, ill have sex with it, good thing it doesnt,
might wanna wait till it cools down
Old 07-21-2008, 05:48 PM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangsneverdie

mustangsneverdie, you seem to think that i dont know what im talking about, once again, ill repeat, its just a number, what matters is 1/4 mile time, someone could have 500 hp and run 14's if their car wasnt setup right, or they had a ****ty driver
and once again, ill reiterate, saying "if you dont have horsepower at the flywheel, youll have none at the tires" yadda yadda, is the stupidest thing i have ever heard, thats like saying, oh, if i didnt have pistons on my 1, 5, and 8 cylinders, i wouldnt make as much horsepower your trying to tell me what i already know to be untrue, STFU and dont go around calling people jackasses, it may just get your *** kicked in the real world

well thats not what you were saying in your last post and let me tell you if you go around calling people fools in the real world you just might get urs kickedand what you said about the 500 hp i agree with that what i gave to 1970 coupe is a number and where i think he is go back and read it and think about how much hp he actually does have at the flywheel

Maybe, maybe not, but if im not mistaken, onyx just proved me 100% correct in what ive ben TRYING to convey this entire time, the simple fact that you just dont get that much power from simple bolt ons... its as simple as that

and i dont need to wait for it to cool down, because my exhaust doesnt give me 20 hp
Old 07-21-2008, 05:51 PM
mustangsneverdie
5th Gear Member

Maybe, maybe not, but if im not mistaken, onyx just proved me 100% correct in what ive ben TRYING to convey this entire time, the simple fact that you just dont get that much power from simple bolt ons... its as simple as that

and i dont need to wait for it to cool down, because my exhaust doesnt give me 20 hp
i told you what im talkin about at the flywheel don't arguesummit done the run while in the car
Old 07-21-2008, 06:31 PM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

im not even going to try and understand what you mean by that, learn to type buddy
Old 07-21-2008, 06:48 PM
mustangsneverdie
5th Gear Member

i told you, im talkin about at the flywheel, and don't arguei'm bettin summit done the run while the motor was in the car
Old 07-21-2008, 09:51 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

i told you, im talkin about at the flywheel, and don't arguei'm bettin summit done the run while the motor was in the car
of course summit did the run w/ the engine in the car, thats why the numbers are rear wheel numbers, which are the numbers that matter. Regardless of flywheel or rear wheel power, 9whp gain does not equal enough to make your argument true.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:50 PM
mustangsneverdie
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OnyxCobra

of course summit did the run w/ the engine in the car, thats why the numbers are rear wheel numbers, which are the numbers that matter. Regardless of flywheel or rear wheel power, 9whp gain does not equal enough to make your argument true.
it doesn't make yours true either
Old 07-21-2008, 10:55 PM
mustangsneverdie
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OnyxCobra

ORIGINAL: Alero99

Exhuast on a 5 speed will add 15-20 hp alone... i've seen dyno charts proving it...

U/D pullies maybe 5 or so

CAI 6-7 rwhp

so figure a normal 5speed fox puts down 190rwhp

you will be at 220rwhp or rougly 250hp at the crank.
If my CAI gave me 7whp then I'll go outside right now and eat it.
thats the k and n cold air kit i think you might want to empty your stomach

1995 FORD Mustang SVT Cobra 5.0L V8 F/I - All
Automotive
FIPK
57-2511

12.98 HP @ 4801 RPM
Old 07-22-2008, 06:23 AM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

It does make mine true because I posted facts from a real test. That K&N number is bull**** like they all are, that's why it's estimated.