5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

still need suggestions

Old 07-27-2008, 08:57 AM
OneFine89Mustang
4th Gear Member

Default still need suggestions

well yesterday i replaced alternator , new battery and spark plug wires.. went to start it up and nothing,,fuel pump turns on but does not crank,, so i went and replaced the ignition switch and the nuetral safety switch, still nothing,, could it be the starter, but i couldnt see it being the starter because when i drove it this past wednesday it stalled out on me twice the second time it wouldnt crank no more i cant see a starter causing that to happen...what else to check..o and the starter selenoid it working as well...
Old 07-27-2008, 11:15 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: still need suggestions

.well you've replaced almost everything in the system however and don't be offended..that means nothing to me...why??? cause with electrical problems ..your best friend is a test light and multimeter.....so you can verify where the 12v is not getting too...without you going point to point in the system and telling me where the 12v does not reach it'll be impossible to help you..the parts slapping is not the way to sove the prob..now you have to troubleshoot it and to do that you need a test light.....first you need to test for current on the small wire to selonouid held in crank position (if I remember right I thought I told you to do this in another thread)??? now it seems to me you went out and just bought 2 parts and slapped them on without verifying they were bad?? seems like a waste of money...I'm sure a test light would have been cheaper and more accurate......anyway do you have 12 v on the small wire to selonoid held in crank??????...if so see if 12 v is on the starter wire when ign is held in crank..if so..either bad starter or ground case on starter is bad........at that point you could use a multimeter set to volts and check voltage on starter then test ground on case with either a test light hooked to 12 v and light touched to case...perform all thoses test and report back on results