5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Need some selling advice please

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Dan89lx
3rd Gear Member

Default Need some selling advice please

Do you guys think i would be better off to strip some of the parts off of my car and sell them seperately like my maf, edelbrock heads, gt40 intake, weld wheels, etc. Or should i just sell it all on the car. I still have the stock heads and intake and all that crap. What do you guys think? anybody ever sold their car all together and wished they had stripped some of the parts off to sell seperately. Thanks guys.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:35 PM
mkspeed26
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Need some selling advice please

why u sellin it?
Old 05-10-2005, 12:57 AM
silver91gt
5th Gear Member

I'll buy your throttlebody if it is at least a 65mm.

you will probably get more if you sold the parts seperately,
Old 05-10-2005, 12:58 AM
Dan89lx
3rd Gear Member

sick of messing with it and always being disappointed in it. Im sure someone else would be thrilled with it though. I guess I just kinda lost interest. Dont get me wrong- its a good car and its pretty damn quick. It has all of the mods people want too like built motor with aluminum heads, cam, exhaust, 4.10's, welds, msd ignition, cowl hood, and so on. I want $6000. i cant take any less. It has a load of other mods- that was just a small list above. I have too many toys. I just got an R1 so i should sell this to pay the bike off and maybe get a supercharged cobra later on down the road.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:08 AM
Dan89lx
3rd Gear Member

i will be loosing a lot of money if i sell for $6000 but i am willing to take a loss. I have learned a lot from the car and it has been fun for the most part. Just like everything else i have had- i get it the way i want it and then i sell it. I wish i had just left it alone and never modded the hell out of it so i wouldnt have to loose so much damn money on it. My dad told me just to leave it alone and it was fast enough but i wouldnt listen. Mustangs are like an addiction to crack. You always want them to be fast like they were at one time so you mod it some more (take another hit) and that works for a while, then the effect wears off and you have to do something else. and it just goes on and on. At least thats the way it is for me.You are always looking for that fast feeling again so you do what you have to do (spend money) to get the feeling again. I dont know why i wanted it to be so fast cause the speed limit is 55mph anyway. just face it guys- they are never going to be fast enough. Just drive it and be happy with it. I just cant seem to do that.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:18 AM
dc_mann8
5th Gear Member

if it doesnt sell for 6, sell some parts then sell the car. i think you would get more.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:25 AM
silver91gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan89lx

i will be loosing a lot of money if i sell for $6000 but i am willing to take a loss. I have learned a lot from the car and it has been fun for the most part. Just like everything else i have had- i get it the way i want it and then i sell it. I wish i had just left it alone and never modded the hell out of it so i wouldnt have to loose so much damn money on it. My dad told me just to leave it alone and it was fast enough but i wouldnt listen. Mustangs are like an addiction to crack. You always want them to be fast like they were at one time so you mod it some more (take another hit) and that works for a while, then the effect wears off and you have to do something else. and it just goes on and on. At least thats the way it is for me.You are always looking for that fast feeling again so you do what you have to do (spend money) to get the feeling again. I dont know why i wanted it to be so fast cause the speed limit is 55mph anyway. just face it guys- they are never going to be fast enough. Just drive it and be happy with it. I just cant seem to do that.
I know exactly what you mean.
I cant stop feeding my need for speed.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:39 AM
Dan89lx
3rd Gear Member

do you guys think i should take off the edelbrock heads and the roller rockers, and the gt40 intake, and put on the stock heads and intake. it will still sound good cause i am not taking that damn cam out. I know i could sell those items on ebay or to a freind or something for a pretty good chunk of money.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:41 AM
Dan89lx
3rd Gear Member

if you want to feed your need for speed- get a bike- but you have to respect it or it will give you the need for a casket after it kills you []
Old 05-10-2005, 01:46 AM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

dude you suuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!........[&:] i know why,but you shouldn't of gave up so quickly....hell i got mine straighten out.
i hope you like your bike,but let me tell ya that bike can/will be high maintenance just like the stang.......hell i got a harley,and an old kz1000 collecting alot of dust right now.

Quick Reply: Need some selling advice please