5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

anyone have an idea what this fox is worth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 12:36 AM
svt88

Default anyone have an idea what this fox is worth?

hey, this guy has a 90-93(not sure on exact year) fox body lx hatchback mustang. Supposibly my buddy said the motor is turned up. it has no transmission because i guess the guy put a junk one in it and the power tore the stock one out but it is still with the car. it also has two slicks with rims in the car too along with 4 ugly rims and tires the car sits on now. the motor says 5.0 cobra. and it has a bbk throttle body and an aftermarket intake and im guessing a pretty good size cam.(because of the stickers onthe window) and an msd 6al ignition. this is all i can tell it has by just looking at it. It also has a blue metallic paint job on it where u can see the flakes in it and the body is in good condition i didnt spot any rust on the surface. Supposibly the motor runs and stuff too i just cant hear it as of yet because the ignition part on the steering column is torn out along with the tranny. It also has hood pins and a small rise (mayb 2 or 3 in ) cowl hood. I called the guy to ask him about it he said he hasnt got the title for the owner previously yet and he also dont know what he would sell it for either. And the sad thing is its just sitten there with weeds growing up around it for about 6 months now. My buddy also said he knew the guy who built the car and HE said the guy had the front wheels off the ground but the motor just doesnt look THAT hot to be doing that. Anyways, i would appreciate it if somone could give me an idea on what to offer this guy for it...he dont seem to know anything about the car or what its worth either..
thanks
Old 05-11-2005, 12:54 AM
dc_mann8
5th Gear Member

Default RE: anyone have an idea what this fox is worth?

if you cant hear it, no tranny, no title, i wouldnt pay more than a grand, because it could possibly be only good for parts.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:21 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

MMM don't ever trust what anyone says until you see it for your self, keep looking I would say. If the engine has already been hotrodded who knows what kind of shape it is in internally. Plus, if he did enough to trash the old transmission that pony's had to be ridden pretty hard.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:33 AM
doobs
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1991_5.0_Convertible

MMM don't ever trust what anyone says until you see it for your self, keep looking I would say. If the engine has already been hotrodded who knows what kind of shape it is in internally. Plus, if he did enough to trash the old transmission that pony's had to be ridden pretty hard.
I agree with 91. if hes gone through the tranny like you said what else could have been done to it. who knows if he has thrown rods and it just doesnt perform the same.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:08 PM
rcdblink716
3rd Gear Member

Once you start it you can tell if he slung a rod. Offer him blue book for the car. If he doesn't know what it's worth, show him a paper that says how much it's worth by Blue Book. You can use that to talk him down by saying it has no trans and doesn't run.