5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Car Has no power under load

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 11:49 PM
SaleenSpeed

Default RE: Car Has no power under load

Went out and bought a code checker and I am getting a KOER 11 which is problem controllnig the idle. Right now I am cleaning the EGR valve sinceI havent tried that yet. Kinda looknig at cleaning all of the gay little cylindrical things in the smog system.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:54 AM
SaleenSpeed

Another small update. Put the EGR back in after installing it and took a drive. Barely working by the time I got it back and my cats were red hot. What's odd is I just changed over to this h pipe and headers from the stock ones, thinking maybe a clogged cat was doing it. Kinda wondering if the damn things running really rich or something.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:10 AM
stanglx2002
6th Gear Member

First i would check your codes and have you reset the computer while changing all this parts? If not you too
Old 05-16-2005, 10:30 PM
SaleenSpeed

Well I've disconnected the battery many times for at least ten minutes which is how I understand you reset these. Uhhm, I got a code reader too and at first i got a KOER 11 but now it's not getting anything. I am thinking about the Air/fuel mixture now. How would I check that?
Old 05-16-2005, 10:38 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

either tha cats are clog or your running really lean
Old 05-17-2005, 03:17 AM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

Dude I am having the same damn problems as you!! Changed everything I can think of I am currently tracking down some stuff for a MAF conversion, I have been told computers can cause this problem we have been having I sent mine off to diablo to get a chip in a A9L computer for my MAF Conversion. I replaced everything and my car is a dog as well!! if the new MAF Conv IAC and 02's doing make a difference I am going to tear it back down to my heads and try again maybe its something with the sealing of the lower intake? They are a SOB to get on good.... Let me know what you figure out my email is Chrisschwindt@hotmail.com if u have any questions or figure out what your problem was!!

Take Care

Schwindt
Old 05-18-2005, 12:11 AM
SaleenSpeed

Likewise man, lemme know if you fix yours. I am so damn strung out over this whole thing. 4 months of it not running and I can't seem to fix it. I think mine could be my TPS still but I dont understand why my cats got red hot. My fuel pressures good. I doubt its the lower but hell if I know. I am really close to towing it somewhere but I wanted to fix it myself.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:27 AM
Chris C
2nd Gear Member

Clogged cats will get red hot. I went 4 wheeling for a friend many years ago and we sank his 97 tocoma in the mud. We finally got it out and it ran like crap the whole way home. When we got out I could feel the heat comming from under the truck. The cats were glowing red hot. The mud had clogged them up tight. Not saying you had your car in the mud but clogged cats could cause your running problems and the glowing.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:36 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

Do you have cats on your stang Saleen?
Old 05-18-2005, 06:41 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

The next things I am doing after I get my computer back is upgrading my engine ground wires and changing the ignition module, I have hear they cause problems like these sometimes, a dude on 50 tech anyways.But I won't have the MAF parts for like 2 weeks soo I am a sitting duck until then!!

Quick Reply: Car Has no power under load