5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Cylinder wall damage

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 02:29 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

hey mattdel, as a pre emptive defense i wasnt saying "hope you learned your lesson" as being a d!ck, it was more of a ya live and you learn type comment. things happen, you cope and you move on.

i had an ex girlfriend that lost her license for thte same reason as you. she verbally stated she was drunk too and arrested on the spot. she i had one martini and was under the limit.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:38 PM
mustangmike33
2nd Gear Member

regardless of what happened, i see both sides. but i wanna know if you bore a 302 .030 that makes it a 306, and .040 makes it a 308. what does .050 make it? and i know for sure that .040 is pushing the limits, but can you sleeve it and have no problems?
Old 09-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Project 5.GO!
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mattdel
i never said I was the victim. nor do you know all the facts, so shut your trap.
if you must know, i was legally under the limit, but because i verbally stated to the officer that I "was drunk", i was arrested.

anyway, what makes you spew this pile of unwanted advice? it isn't related in any way to the original post. i was simply responding to the question of why i lost it, i dont need you to tell me i was wrong. i'm getting enough of it already.
Did they breathalyse you, or did the officer just take your word for it? Don't they have to prove you drunk for you to get popped?

Anyways, keep the stang. It'll feel brand new when you get you license back.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:13 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

no, if you claim you're drunk.....its off to jail for you
Old 09-19-2008, 07:50 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

so no one here works at a machine shop? maybe can verify that my thinking isn't off?
Old 09-19-2008, 09:02 PM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

that sucks man..

hope you refused the breathalyzer!!

time to save up and build that pony
Old 09-19-2008, 10:33 PM
dudeboy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mattdel
i never said I was the victim. nor do you know all the facts, so shut your trap.
if you must know, i was legally under the limit, but because i verbally stated to the officer that I "was drunk", i was arrested.

anyway, what makes you spew this pile of unwanted advice? it isn't related in any way to the original post. i was simply responding to the question of why i lost it, i dont need you to tell me i was wrong. i'm getting enough of it already.
How would you know you were under the limit, unless you had taken a breathalyzer?

If you had taken a breathalyzer and passed, then your claim of 'was drunk' would be meaningless.

Who the hell is dumb enough to tell a cop he is drunk, if he thinks he is under the limit, or borderline?

Finally,
You brought the subject up by stating you had lost your license. YOU wanted to discuss it, that's why you mentioned it.

Why did I make my comments?
I have no respect for drunk drivers. Drunk drivers kill people, people who ARE innocent.

You aren't as innocent as you claim!

I'm done with this crap, so feel free to respond any way you like, or not...
Best of luck to you, you're gonna need it,
jason
Old 09-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Project 5.GO!
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FivePointOhh
no, if you claim you're drunk.....its off to jail for you
I guess in all fairness someone would have to be impaired to tell an officer they were impaired... I totally agree with drunk driving laws and everything, but I can sympathize that a decision made when someone is impaired can affect your whole life for that long. We face these decisions every day (while sober), and I guess that is why people shouldn't be drinking (I know that probably sounds stupid). Why would someone want to dim themselves up and impair their decision making skills? The moment of truth could come at any minute, where you have to be really clear to make the right choice. For him, the choice was to drive. Maybe he only had a couple, and was only impaired enough to have a slip of the tongue, but the decision was already made.

Making the decision to drive while drunk is one thing, but how many people out there have the mental capacity of 4 year olds, and make the decision to drive every day? There should be a corresponding law to make it illegal to drive while stupid.

"Sir, please step out of the vehicle. I just have to administer a small IQ test. Do you have a number 2 pencil?"
Old 09-22-2008, 03:28 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Originally Posted by Project 5.GO!
I guess in all fairness someone would have to be impaired to tell an officer they were impaired... I totally agree with drunk driving laws and everything, but I can sympathize that a decision made when someone is impaired can affect your whole life for that long. We face these decisions every day (while sober), and I guess that is why people shouldn't be drinking (I know that probably sounds stupid). Why would someone want to dim themselves up and impair their decision making skills? The moment of truth could come at any minute, where you have to be really clear to make the right choice. For him, the choice was to drive. Maybe he only had a couple, and was only impaired enough to have a slip of the tongue, but the decision was already made.

Making the decision to drive while drunk is one thing, but how many people out there have the mental capacity of 4 year olds, and make the decision to drive every day? There should be a corresponding law to make it illegal to drive while stupid.

"Sir, please step out of the vehicle. I just have to administer a small IQ test. Do you have a number 2 pencil?"

i think we should get off the drunk driving thing....has nothing to do with the OP

anyways i do have a response to your driving while stupid comment. i talk to people every day. from all parts of our country and people from other countries.....at any rate. i've talked to some of the dumbest people on this planet. people who are full grown adults who cant even form a sentence, who cant even do simple math....and these people scare me. how can you be so stupid....can you even feed yourself? these are the people who should not be on the rode.

there must be a common sense quiz with the drivers ed quiz. you need basic decision making skills...i dont see how these people make it in the world. if darwin ruled the world.....i wouldnt be so frustrated right now.