5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

94 Mustang GT - What To Add?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 04:55 PM
5_liters
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 94 Mustang GT - What To Add?

hey whats up man congrats on the car, speaking from recent personal experience the very first mod you wanna go with is GEARS, its the first mod i did and believe me youre gonna be like [sm=insomnia.gif] the first time you romp on it after you change em out.

also, if i were you i'd skip on the "motive" gears or whatever theyre called and get you a nice set of Ford Racing Performence Parts gears just because i've heard theyre the best quality, got mine BRAND new out of the box on ebay for 180.00 shipped whats that an extra like $40 bux from those gears? i dunno just me i'd go with the brand just to be safe and it IS you get what you pay for.

on a totally different note, you didnt mention whether your vert was manual or AOD, i've heard with a manual that you wanna go with 3.73's for some reason, and 4.10's for the auto, since i'm an auto i opted for the 4.10's and i'm telling you dude. the difference is like....

[sm=happy046.gif]

also you might ask around and people might suggest you get 3.73's as oppose to 4.10's because of highway driving and gasmileage and whatnot but honestly, although there is a noticable difference in the hieght of the rpms cruising on the highway, its REALLY nothing to worry about. about the gas mileage thats really not a factor whatsoever unless youre doing like 50+ miles a day on the highway EVERYDAY which i bet you arent.

so anyways, goodluck with the stang and i hope it stays exciting for you for the entire time you have the car which i hope is for a while, i've had my car more than 6 months now and everytime i walk up to hop in i'm still excited as i was the first day i rolled it off the lot

cheers

Old 05-21-2005, 07:05 PM
kbryang

thanks for the insight 5_liters. yes i forgot to mention that my stang is an automatic right now, but i would eventully like to add a short shifter to it. so i guess the first thing im gonna buy are those 4.10 gears. does anyone know if the gears are that hard to install or should i have a mech. do it for me? thanks
Old 05-21-2005, 07:09 PM
stanglx2002
6th Gear Member

gears i reccommend a mech to do
Old 05-21-2005, 09:07 PM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

yes have a mechanic do it cuz if your off by less then a milimeter your diffrentials will start shaking causing problems, also as for the stero, dont rewire the whole car take it to a place that does car audio and have them to an amplifier bypass, that will reroute your stero so that it no longer goes through the oem amps, (plus my amps got fried from listening to music too loud), as for the gears it will coast about $300 labor, if u have any questions about the 460 sound system u can PM me ill help with what i can since i have done quite a bit with mine, good luck
Old 05-26-2005, 09:19 PM
kbryang

Alright guys. This is what im planning to do, but I could still use some help on picking which brands to buy. First im gonna buy some exhaust, then intake, then gears, then a short shifter, then msd ignition ga box. What I need from you guys is what brands to pick to get. The main page im using to look for parts is http://www.andysautosport.com/produc...ack%20Exhausts . I've heard that either the Force II or American Thunder exhaust systems from Flowmaster are the best. What do you guys think? Thanks again
Old 05-27-2005, 01:43 AM
speedlvr
1st Gear Member

Don't all these mods cause issues for the computer? I know it did with the computer controlled camaro I have. I wound up taking the computer out and changing to carb.

I am hopefully going to buy my first Mustang tomorrow. It's a 1994GT and it is a really nice one owner car. I will mod mine too, so I am wondering what kinds of mods will mess with the Mustang's ECM.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:53 AM
stanglx2002
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kbryang

Alright guys. This is what im planning to do, but I could still use some help on picking which brands to buy. First im gonna buy some exhaust, then intake, then gears, then a short shifter, then msd ignition ga box. What I need from you guys is what brands to pick to get. The main page im using to look for parts is http://www.andysautosport.com/produc...ack%20Exhausts . I've heard that either the Force II or American Thunder exhaust systems from Flowmaster are the best. What do you guys think? Thanks again
Sry Flows arent the best in performance they are just sound. Flows are really the worst flowing mufflers on the market. I have Dynomax Ultra Flow mufflers on my car and they flow 5x better then flows.