5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

hi again.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:29 AM
95ystang

Default hi again.

That oen guy that Posted thread to somewhere link to how figure problem out.. i ran all test that it said and Nothing worked... my car still wont fire up

it has Brand new street fire igniton coil(made by msd) and has brand new MSD 8544 Dist... New MSD 6A igniton control box. has New Igniton Key Switch... has plenty of battery life.

i was wondering... cuz i was told by the guys at local auto parts store that the wires i had on my car would work ( there ford racing msd tune up kit wire's) there called powermaxx or somthing like that... Could it be that the MSD igniton box.. .fried the wires.. .cuz my Cars not gettign No spark( tommarow i get paid and was gunna go by kargens and Get new plugs and Wires... hoping thats the cause

My question to anyone who may know... WOuld the street fire igniton... be the cause... its made by msd and thought would be same as a Blaster coil just a bit cheaper?

also... would the fuel pump relay switch be default also is that suppose push down and come back up? cuz i checked mine and it doesnt push like button... how do i fix that?

Also what Type plugs should i get?

Thanks for your guys Help greatly appericated.

Last edited by 95ystang; 10-10-2008 at 01:32 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:09 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

save your money!!! if you have new wires and plugs, they are not fried!! gauranteed!!.....my question to you is: I see all theses new parts you have thrown on it...so are they an attempt to solve your no start????? and when you turn the key to the on position , do you hear the fuel pump briefly come on then go off??? if the answer is yes then the fuel pump inertia switch is fine!! move on to another subject!!....you need a spark checker or an old spark plug to test for spark, pull the coil wire from the cap and shove a plug in it and touch the tip of the electrode to ground and have someone crank it over, spark should exist, if it doesn't grab a test light and pull the connector going to the coil and make sure there is power to the coil = 12 v with key in run position....if it does and no spark is coming from the coil on crank....I'd make sure the dizzy is stabbed correctly and that the msd box is hooked up correctly or remove the msd box from the equation and hook the ignition system up oem style, cause I believe to use the msd box on a efi mustang there is a special little harness they sell to make installation easy, the msd box only amplifies the ignition and is not necessary on an efi mustang to make a stock set up run
Old 10-10-2008, 02:40 AM
95ystang

stock or not it doesnt spark.. and when crank the key over i dont hear nothign clicking over... the wires were new about 4-5 months ago... when i got the car... but they Could be Solid core wires( msd box says u cant use solid core wires) thats why i was asking...

if hook the stock coil and stock dizz and stock everything up theres no spark what so ever... hook it up with msd stuff there still no spark .. no lights turn on on testers... nothing shows up there no power no where...
Old 10-10-2008, 05:08 AM
mstngsule68
4th Gear Member

is the box gettin power? if no, then theres your problem, if yes, is it getting power at the coil? if no theres ur problem, if yes. is your coil still good? if no theres ur problem, if yes then i take it, its not getting to the plugs, then therefor every single plug/ or every single wire would have to be bad (VERRRYY DOUBTFUL) then your dizzy would be bad. id sugest start with a test light and finding your problem, if it comes to be ur box isnt getting power, then id go through and check every single wire on that box.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:52 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by 95ystang
if hook the stock coil and stock dizz and stock everything up theres no spark what so ever... hook it up with msd stuff there still no spark .. no lights turn on on testers... nothing shows up there no power no where...
your not gonna be able to test the system through osmosis....I'm sure your fustrated but first thing you need is a test light, have you tested for power to the coil??? have you checked the fuse for the ecm in the fuse box??, did the fuel pump power up briefly when you turn the key on,?? I can't help you if you don't answer theses questions, proper troubleshooting begins with elimintating known goods, not slapping parts because then you become lost which I assume you are right now...start with these basic things an go from there
Old 10-10-2008, 02:07 PM
95ystang

Originally Posted by mjr46
your not gonna be able to test the system through osmosis....I'm sure your fustrated but first thing you need is a test light, have you tested for power to the coil??? have you checked the fuse for the ecm in the fuse box??, did the fuel pump power up briefly when you turn the key on,?? I can't help you if you don't answer theses questions, proper troubleshooting begins with elimintating known goods, not slapping parts because then you become lost which I assume you are right now...start with these basic things an go from there
i allrdy orded all msd stuff Before this happen... it wasnt i was slapping parts on to hope it goes away .... (in doubt i was but i knew it wouldnt)

i allrdy said i didnt hear no pump power up( well trufly idk what to hear for... when crnak engine it just cranks i could Take Video and you guys could prob help me Better then me Jibberishin with people that know what they know and me that only knows half...

This when i wish i would stuck to my plans fo college and went to UTI... but i let the GF get the better half of me. :ugh:

Ill go take quick Video and maybe someone can help me out... tell me if the fuel pump turns on or not... cuz you guys know what your Hearing for..

and When i did the Test Light... i got power on battery... But when u test the coil theres no light
witch was Why i was asking if the STREET FIRE BRAND by MSD is not made for MSD 6box to work with it.. it might messed up that..

I am pretty mad... But not cuz the car its cuz of People tha ti have live around everyday.. but That convo can go into very deep sour state mind...

Where is the ECU Fuse located is it the one in engine compartment or the one under dash?

i was trying find the one for igniton but... Nothin label under there and theres No cover... so hard to Figure it out( plus my car didnt come with owners manual when i bought it ( so i have come on cpu in order to figure everything out) i have the chilton ford sports car cd manual. got at carshow.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

and When i did the Test Light... i got power on battery... But when u test the coil theres no light
Grab a voltmeter and check the battery. It should have 12.5v with the engine off. If there is not enough voltage, nothing will happen. The test light only confirms there is power, but not how much. Pop the caps if it has them and check the level.

My guess is that its the coil.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

Grab a voltmeter and check the battery. It should have 12.5v with the engine off. If there is not enough voltage, nothing will happen. The test light only confirms there is power, but not how much. Pop the caps if it has them and check the level.

My guess is that its the coil, or a wire leading to it. Couldnt hurt to ask, but did you plug the TFI back in on the distributor?
Old 10-10-2008, 02:48 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

spray some spray start/ether in the throttle body and see if it briefly fires up??
Old 10-10-2008, 05:17 PM
95ystang

Originally Posted by mjr46
spray some spray start/ether in the throttle body and see if it briefly fires up??
I tryed that and it Doesnt do nothing..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: hi again.