5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

auto with manual VB questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 07:15 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

we run a full manual shift auto in our car and I love it much more then a stick but then again I cant shift gears I get to amped up and well it just not good. I also like to keep my hands on the wheel as much as I can. and with the racing we do it is much more consistent at the track. it is great not letting off the gas when I get up on boost it just point and aim and not having to worry if I am gone to miss a gear and it is also a lot easier on parts. Most of the guys I run with that use to have sticks that went with auto from sticks even in street car also love it and will never look bad.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:43 AM
Project 5.GO!
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by projectresto83
Lol, the only thing I have as insulation right now is a set of floor mats in the front to help keep the heat away my feet. I don't even have the factory stuff thats glued to the floor anymore lol. After my next tour in iraq I am gonna finish fixing my floorpans and get carpet and some type of mat for heat/sound. My car is much louder inside than it is outside from what I hear. I havn't been outside of my car while its going down the road yet because no one else drives it lol. I love the way my car sounds, the mac's are growing on me but once I start to tame the beast a little in the future I am going for a set of flows.
I think you can get the under carpet insulation from 50Resto along with the carpet. Why do you want to wait? Get those floorpans in before you punch through the floor and end up Flintstone-ing it! LOL
Old 10-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Project 5.GO!
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by uedlose
we run a full manual shift auto in our car and I love it much more then a stick but then again I cant shift gears I get to amped up and well it just not good. I also like to keep my hands on the wheel as much as I can. and with the racing we do it is much more consistent at the track. it is great not letting off the gas when I get up on boost it just point and aim and not having to worry if I am gone to miss a gear and it is also a lot easier on parts. Most of the guys I run with that use to have sticks that went with auto from sticks even in street car also love it and will never look bad.
There is just something about using the clutch and running through the gears that is therapeutic, and for cruising and daily driving, it can't be beat for fun in my book. There is also the pride that comes with the mastery of something that few can do proficiently.

For racing at the track, you're absolutely right, it's more consistent, easier on parts, and worry-free on boost with both hands on the wheel and foot glued to the floor.

I have never been to a track with my car in 13 years of ownership, but maybe when I get the motor in the car, I'll be curious.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:17 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Originally Posted by Project 5.GO!
I think you can get the under carpet insulation from 50Resto along with the carpet. Why do you want to wait? Get those floorpans in before you punch through the floor and end up Flintstone-ing it! LOL
I'm broke. lol. I have more important issues to work with on it than the floors. I have the worst part patched right now, which was my driver seat mount that was already thru the floor lol. I need to fix my rear brakes, get some new tires, fix my tranny leaks, and fix a couple of interior leaks first. Just a bunch of little stuff that just keeps piling up that junkyard parts won't help with. I did my head swap about a month ago and still haven't retuned my carb yet. Damn pregnant wife and kid lol j/k.

Latemodel is only an hour drive from me so I know all about their prices and inventory lol. Thanks for the info anyway!