5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

? Kenne Bell Blowzilla

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 03:55 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

As long as you don't run any intake spacers KBs fit under stock hoods. Like Samseed said if you keep your foot out of it it won't be boosting and will change your gas mileage very little.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Slo5oh
Banned

Originally Posted by OnyxCobra
As long as you don't run any intake spacers KBs fit under stock hoods. Like Samseed said if you keep your foot out of it it won't be boosting and will change your gas mileage very little.
Sounds good. I have even heard roomers that the addition of a supercharger in a 5 liter mustang can even help mileage. Is there any truth in this?
Old 11-08-2008, 04:33 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Well, it helps you cover more miles in less time. Ans it makes traveling those miles a bit more exciting. Does that count?
Old 11-08-2008, 05:09 PM
NoGo95GT
4th Gear Member

+1 to all of Samseed's points. Also, when not in boost your car will feel more torquier than a regular NA. That is because the SC is forcing in more air all the time. This does not result in gas mileage loss. By adding my Vortech to my car, my mpg dropped .3, so it's not to bad of a tradeoff.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:18 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Slo5oh
Sounds good. I have even heard roomers that the addition of a supercharger in a 5 liter mustang can even help mileage. Is there any truth in this?
Well the idea behind that is the engine does not have to work at sucking in air thus making it more efficient. On the other hand the engine has to work to turn the blower so that could just cancel it right out.

Bottom line: If you're worried about gas mileage a blower is not a good idea, neither is a Mustang for that matter.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Slo5oh
Banned

Originally Posted by samseed101
Well, it helps you cover more miles in less time. Ans it makes traveling those miles a bit more exciting. Does that count?
haha touche!
Old 11-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Slo5oh
Banned

Well the idea behind that is the engine does not have to work at sucking in air thus making it more efficient. On the other hand the engine has to work to turn the blower so that could just cancel it right out.

Bottom line: If you're worried about gas mileage a blower is not a good idea, neither is a Mustang for that matter.
Well, I proved everyone wrong about the mustang not being for mpg, considering I get more mpg than many 4cyls I know; perhaps I can reverse that idea about supercharging as well. .....maybe not.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:06 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

well that does happen sometimes but all that really means is you don't drive it how it was meant to be driven.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Project 5.GO!
2nd Gear Member

well that does happen sometimes but all that really means is you don't drive it how it was meant to be driven.
Absolutely. Did you know that due to the fine-tuned allignment of the rear suspension of the Mustang, it is better for the car to slide sideways around all corners under full throttle? Neither did my wife, until I showed her! LOL!
Old 11-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Slo5oh
Banned

Ought to and reality are two seperate things...Once I fix my h20 pump, which was a bitch involving maap and a mallet resulting in a melted water pump and broken timing cover, since gas is so cheep ill make sure to fool arround. Hell, those 3.73s are gonna give more incentive to do just that.

Quick Reply: ? Kenne Bell Blowzilla