whos got the info on MAFs and tuning? - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang
Reload this Page >

whos got the info on MAFs and tuning?

5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

whos got the info on MAFs and tuning?

Reply

 
 
 
Old 11-29-2008, 11:48 PM
  #11  
dudeboy
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Washington, Seattle
Posts: 551
Default

Definately use the sensor AND the housing from the 94-95 Mustang.
They can be found on other cars as well... I've pulled a couple from 4.6L cars...

This MAF housing actually bolts to the intake, as opposed to the Fox housing which slips into the intake tubing.
You can find the adapters on ebay most the time. It is a 4-bolt flange adapter for a 70mm MAF.

The sensor part number will start with 'F2VF-******'
Any other sensor in the 70mm housing and it won't work with the Fox ecu's.
The 94-95 Mustang MAF can only be used on Fox Mustangs when 19Lb injectors are still being used.
dudeboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:49 PM
  #12  
dudeboy
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Washington, Seattle
Posts: 551
Default

Originally Posted by TexasHotrod View Post
That will work with the stock injectors no tune??
Correct... stock injectors, and NO tune....
dudeboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:44 AM
  #13  
zippo2341
2nd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
zippo2341's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 384
Default

do subframe connectors make a difference? i do drive this car daily to collage and work so will affect comfort at all? idk if it will make a difference or not but the body has currentlly at 86,xxx.
zippo2341 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:37 PM
  #14  
FoxGT
5th Gear Member
 
FoxGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: United States
Posts: 3,451
Default

You want the air meter you're putting on to have as close to the stock resistance for the same airflow. For example; 2.5volts to the stock computer is about 90cfm, so ideally you want another air meter that at about 90cfm is sending the same signal to the eec, around 2.5v. If the voltage is off, depending on which way it's off will make your car run richer or leaner.

& for the record 356cfm is a huge difference, that is about the equivalence of 235-245whp difference.
FoxGT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:39 PM
  #15  
dudeboy
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Washington, Seattle
Posts: 551
Default

Originally Posted by FoxGT View Post
You want the air meter you're putting on to have as close to the stock resistance for the same airflow. For example; 2.5volts to the stock computer is about 90cfm, so ideally you want another air meter that at about 90cfm is sending the same signal to the eec, around 2.5v.
I wouldn't suggest sizing a MAF meter this way.... The output from the MAF is not linear, and there is no guarantee that the curve rates will be the same.

In other words...
2 different meters may 'match up' at 2.5v, but be WAY off by 3.5v....

You would need to evaluate the entire MAF output curve.
dudeboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:17 AM
  #16  
FoxGT
5th Gear Member
 
FoxGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: United States
Posts: 3,451
Default

Originally Posted by dudeboy View Post
I wouldn't suggest sizing a MAF meter this way.... The output from the MAF is not linear, and there is no guarantee that the curve rates will be the same.

In other words...
2 different meters may 'match up' at 2.5v, but be WAY off by 3.5v....

You would need to evaluate the entire MAF output curve.
Of course not. I was just using 2.5v as an example. I agree.
FoxGT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:44 AM
  #17  
Project 5.GO!
2nd Gear Member
 
Project 5.GO!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 478
Default

Originally Posted by zippo2341 View Post
do subframe connectors make a difference? i do drive this car daily to collage and work so will affect comfort at all? idk if it will make a difference or not but the body has currentlly at 86,xxx.
Hey, collage is a form of art. College however, is an institution of higher learning... ***

***Disclaimer:
I'm just messing with you, and not trying to be a dick! LOL!
Project 5.GO! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:13 PM
  #18  
zippo2341
2nd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
zippo2341's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 384
Default

i always new i should have gotten "hooked on phonics'
zippo2341 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
carid
General Tech
1
07-08-2016 09:55 AM
firecoyote
The New S550 2015-2020 Mustang
28
09-27-2015 02:37 PM
2015Ecoboost
New Member Area
3
09-17-2015 01:48 PM
jaiidutch
Motor Swap Section
2
09-14-2015 10:29 AM
whatsup62
5.0L GT S550 Tech
1
09-03-2015 01:38 PM

Forum Jump

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory