5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Some questions about my four eye

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 08:53 PM
BladeX10
2nd Gear Member

Default Some questions about my four eye

Aright.. So i purchased a 84 GT350 last month.. Excellent deal and all.. Very very happy with it.. Engine/tranny are flawless with 79,000 original miles on it. Outside needs alittle work.. Got all the stuff to do the work but waiting for a good patch of sunny days to come along.

I have a few questions about some problems and some things ive discovered:

1. That buzzing noise makes me want to kill myself everytime i hear it.. lol.. Its just the most nerve racking noise ive ever heard.. What do i need to do to disconnect it?

2. My AC and heater make a semi loud clicking noise when they are turned on.. Nothing comes out either.. What is up with that?

3. The hatch has play in it when its fully closed.. like i can lift it up and down about a half inch.. I thought the lock was loose but it wasn't.. so i dont know what to look at.

4. This car sat for about a year and a half.. The brakes have a spongy feeling.. They have some stopping power but its not even to make me feel safe.. Someone told me it was the brake lines needing to be bleed.. Is that it? Ex owner said it was fine before it was parked.

5. My driver door lock doesnt want to lock.. It feels like its seized or something as it wont go down into the lock position.. What do you think is wrong with it?

Hope this gives someone something to do for awhile. =)
Old 01-03-2009, 09:16 PM
bulldawg4469

are you talking about the buzzing like door open? if so a relay in fuse box can be removed, you feel it and tell witch one sometimes.
replace weather seal around hatch, may have to replace striker.
bleed all old brake fluid out replace with new and try again.
take door panel off spray with wd-40 and lube it good.
maybe this will help.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:16 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

the buzzing noise comes from the switch inbetween the door hinges, I took mine off
Old 01-03-2009, 09:31 PM
BladeX10
2nd Gear Member

Thanks bulldawg.. Ill try some of that out when i stop being lazy.. ehh

Yeah.. When i open a door.. That noise just comes on and doesn't shut off or nothing.. It just goes on and on and on.. Id rather not have it at all..

Is anyone good with subwoofer wiring here? I got a question about that too
Old 01-03-2009, 09:38 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

On my 83 the buzzer was behind the panel inbetween the vents in front of the passenger. It was a little white retangle box.

Lube up the lock mechanism inside the door, and everything else in there that moves while your at it

Your hatch needs a new striker, probably missing the plastic bushing, I was gonna replace mine with the bushings you can buy at the part store then I realized the big washer that is on the striker won't come off

Try bleeding the brakes, you might want to pull the drums off to check out the brakes there and go ahead and replace the wheel cylinders, they are cheap. Mine sat for awhile and the resevoir for the rear was completly empty when I got back to it, wheel cylinder leaked it all out.

Good luck
Old 01-03-2009, 10:55 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by BladeX10
Aright.. So i purchased a 84 GT350 last month.. Excellent deal and all.. Very very happy with it.. Engine/tranny are flawless with 79,000 original miles on it. Outside needs alittle work.. Got all the stuff to do the work but waiting for a good patch of sunny days to come along.

I have a few questions about some problems and some things ive discovered:

1. That buzzing noise makes me want to kill myself everytime i hear it.. lol.. Its just the most nerve racking noise ive ever heard.. What do i need to do to disconnect it?

2. My AC and heater make a semi loud clicking noise when they are turned on.. Nothing comes out either.. What is up with that?

3. The hatch has play in it when its fully closed.. like i can lift it up and down about a half inch.. I thought the lock was loose but it wasn't.. so i dont know what to look at.

4. This car sat for about a year and a half.. The brakes have a spongy feeling.. They have some stopping power but its not even to make me feel safe.. Someone told me it was the brake lines needing to be bleed.. Is that it? Ex owner said it was fine before it was parked.

5. My driver door lock doesnt want to lock.. It feels like its seized or something as it wont go down into the lock position.. What do you think is wrong with it?

Hope this gives someone something to do for awhile. =)
1. unplug door chime
2. bad blower motor?? nothing comes out meaning no air??
3. adjust striker or trunk stops on either side on hatch
4. check for any leaking wheel cylinders or calipers and if none exist try bleeding, if prob still present, could have bad MC
5...IF IT HAS ELEC LOCKS could have a bad actuator or frozen lock mechanism
Old 01-04-2009, 12:39 AM
BladeX10
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
1. unplug door chime
2. bad blower motor?? nothing comes out meaning no air??
3. adjust striker or trunk stops on either side on hatch
4. check for any leaking wheel cylinders or calipers and if none exist try bleeding, if prob still present, could have bad MC
5...IF IT HAS ELEC LOCKS could have a bad actuator or frozen lock mechanism
1. Looks like thats what ill do
2. Yeah.. I put it on and it sounds like a knocking noise with no air coming out
3. May sound stupid but whats a striker?
4. Ill try the bleeding.. Hopefully thats all that is.
5. It has electric locks i think.. But when i push the little **** thing on top of the panel.. It its like spring effect.. i can push it down but it doesnt lock in place
Old 01-04-2009, 12:48 AM
FORD TOUGH
4th Gear Member

If it had been sitting for a while at a minimum you should have the rotor's and drums resurfaced.