5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Buying my first Tang! 1994 GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Gt_Rider

Default Buying my first Tang! 1994 GT

New to the forums and would like to open my first post with some questions.

I am looking at trading off my truck to a fella that has a 1994 GT. I was wondering what are some things I should look for specifical regarding the 94 gts. Besides the usual, oil leaks, alignment etc, was there anything particular that occurred in the 94's that would be an issue.

This is a clean 94, new paint, 136k on body and the engine was rebuilt with 30k, had some mild engine work done with some port and polish, the head was shaved a little to true it up, has cams and a few other things. Nothing heavy so I'm comfortable with the current mods.

I am trading him my 2000 Frontier XE v6, 4 door with 139k strraight for his GT.

thanks guys

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Gt_Rider; 01-07-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:55 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gt_Rider
New to the forums and would like to open my first post with some questions.

I am looking at trading off my truck to a fella that has a 1994 GT. I was wondering what are some things I should look for specifical regarding the 94 gts. Besides the usual, oil leaks, alignment etc, was there anything particular that occurred in the 94's that would be an issue.

This is a clean 94, new paint, 136k on body and the engine was rebuilt with 30k, had some mild engine work done with some port and polish, the head was shaved a little to true it up, has cams and a few other things. Nothing heavy so I'm comfortable with the current mods.

I am trading him my 2000 Frontier XE v6, 4 door with 139k strraight for his GT.

thanks guys

[IMG][/IMG]
that sounds sketch to me. why did the motor have to be rebuilt with a little over 100k on the clock? im always paranoid about a car im about to purchase though. i tend to stray away from modified cars.

btw...you wouldnt happen to have the vin would you?
Old 01-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Gt_Rider

I do to, I dont like cars that have been modded to much for many reasons.

I sent me him an email about the rebuild. He told me and i am losing my mind, so I will post what he tells me.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Gt_Rider

The car does have 30 k on the rebuild, so there could be issues with it, but he did tell me that the car does not leak.or burn oil and mechanically it is very strong and solid, and is his daily driver.

I am meeting him this weekend to give it a one over and drive it so I hopefully I can come back with some more info.

Anything I should look for particuarly that you can think of?

Mods can you move this to the 5.0 forum. I think I should have put this there instead.

Thanks

Last edited by Gt_Rider; 01-07-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:13 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gt_Rider
The car does have 30 k on the rebuild, so there could be issues with it, but he did tell me that the car does not leak.or burn oil and mechanically it is very strong and solid, and is his daily driver.

I am meeting him this weekend to give it a one over and drive it so I hopefully I can come back with some more info.

Anything I should look for particuarly that you can think of?
i really cant think of anything off of the top of my head. sorry. but i recently purchased a cobra so i still have carfax subscription. if you have the VIN i can run a report for you.

you might also want to try asking the guys in the 5.0 tech section. they really know their stuff and should be able to give you pointers on what to look for.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Gt_Rider

Thanks stang! I appreciate the carfax run, I will pm ya the VIN as soon as i get it.

I flagged the post so maybe the mods can move this thread for me.

Thanks again
Old 01-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Gt_Rider

He sent me an email back about why he rebuilt the engine, it was more about upgrading cams and doing some refreshing while in there.

his email:" I put a cam in it for perfomance, while it was out had it freshend up, new cam bearings, rod bearings,main seals, had the head shaved 10,thousands,new head gaskets 3angle valve job, just a basic over haule exept the cam,"
Old 01-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Gt_Rider

Here are some new pics he just sent me.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-07-2009, 07:06 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

not a bad deal if you don't need a truck go for it
Old 01-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Gt_Rider

yeah, these pics are killing me, this car looks off the chain. Im ready to drop it 1 inch in the rear 1.5 in the front, trade off those 18inches for some cobra's or staggered set, throw in some blackout headlights and cobra front end.

Quick Reply: Buying my first Tang! 1994 GT