5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

turn signal problem! need some help

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 12:27 PM
mustangmike33
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rhstang2
did u check the bulbs when the bulbs go on fords they don't flash
thank you!! now this guy understands me!
Old 01-13-2009, 04:36 PM
agolden51

[QUOTE=1990fox5.0;5827725]when i turn the turn signal lever to the left it works fine and flashes but when i push it to the right it doesnt flash it just stays soild, i thought it was a fuse so i replaced the circle fuse under the
driverside dash but did help does any one have a idea thaxz.[/QU

Check your bulbs too see if they all flash on the right side. Normally if the dash light doesnt flash thats how the car tells you a bulb is blown.Hope this helped,if not and you already knew this,then just call me an idiot.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:12 PM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

im having this same problem except mine don't come on AT ALL. i missing the flasher from the fuse box but the ones i get at the stores don't seem to fit. i put them in and they simply fall out. they don't seem to be wide enough. anyone have a number or know what type of flasher i need to get?
Old 01-13-2009, 07:59 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

There is too much bulb speculation in this thread. The easiest way to check, hit the hazzards and see if all the bulbs work. If they do, it's not a bulb problem. I'll stick w/ my flasher suggestion until he tries one and proves otherwise.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:06 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Originally Posted by simpsonfan13
im having this same problem except mine don't come on AT ALL. i missing the flasher from the fuse box but the ones i get at the stores don't seem to fit. i put them in and they simply fall out. they don't seem to be wide enough. anyone have a number or know what type of flasher i need to get?
What year is your car?
Old 01-14-2009, 01:07 AM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

89 and for some reason i cant seem to get the damn flaher in the fuse box to stay in. i push it in and it falls out by it's self
Old 01-14-2009, 11:21 AM
agolden51

89 and for some reason i cant seem to get the damn flaher in the fuse box to stay in. i push it in and it falls out by it's self
for the 89 there are two flashers. One for hazards and one for blinkers. As for the one that doesnt stay in,it goes on the opposite side of the fuse panel.Under the dash.The other one is tricky to find. on some early model Fox's they are also under the dash on the driver side somewhere,but on later model Fox's they are around the glove box.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:07 PM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

Originally Posted by agolden51
for the 89 there are two flashers. One for hazards and one for blinkers. As for the one that doesnt stay in,it goes on the opposite side of the fuse panel.Under the dash.The other one is tricky to find. on some early model Fox's they are also under the dash on the driver side somewhere,but on later model Fox's they are around the glove box.
the one behind the fuse box is there but the one missing is the one on the front. im assuming thats the tricky one. do you guys have a number i could look for? i pulled the one behind the box and it says 552. i got a 552 and tried to put it in but no luck. i also saw a green one behind the fuse pannel as well. it was attached to some wires.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:17 PM
agolden51

the one behind the fuse box is there but the one missing is the one on the front. im assuming thats the tricky one. do you guys have a number i could look for? i pulled the one behind the box and it says 552. i got a 552 and tried to put it in but no luck. i also saw a green one behind the fuse pannel as well. it was attached to some wires.
theres not one that goes on the front. try digging around under the dash for a plug. The plug should have two purple wires with orange stripes and one blue one running to it. that is the plug for your blinker flasher.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:39 PM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

okay i replaced the two flashers by the fuse box and still nothing. im thinking that the the actual switch may be bad. what bulbs should i check?

Quick Reply: turn signal problem! need some help