5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

need some help

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 06:46 AM
citheman2012

Default need some help

i picked up an 88 mustang got a 5.0 with the t5 trans. its got guages out of a saleen. everything works except the damn speedo. any ideas of how i can get it to work for me or am i better off just mounting a gps on the dash and using that for a speedo. also the guy i bought it off of was trying to turn it into a track car he pulled the window motors and the wiper motor out. im not too concerned with the window motors atm but i do want to have windshield wipers. seeing as its a stick i dont intend on making this car a track car. i just want a daily driver that will put the average honda to shame(just got rid of my 05 civic lx) the car is already pretty fast. the engine is all done up in edelbrock got a huge cam oversized throttle body injectors ect...(nuff power to blow the trans up if i want) and if its not that hard i guess ill reinstall the window motors i just dont know what all goes into reinstalling them
Old 02-09-2009, 08:30 AM
wildcobrar
3rd Gear Member

Make sure the cable is plugged/clipped into the speedo head in dash. Next have a look at the speed sensor. The go bad sometimes. Alos check the speedo driven gear on the speed sensor. Seen the teeth chewed of the driven gear before.

Joe