5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 01:21 PM
cortlan
2nd Gear Member

Arrow couple questions

hey guys,
I have a couple questions...
I was driving last night and noticed that when i'm braking from practically any spead, the brake pedal vibrates (noticably but not excessively). Also, when I slow down (semi-hard...not excessive but pretty hard lol) the e-brake light on the dash lights up??? anybody have experience with this? I didn't check the break fluid.... but could the light be turning on due to low fluid??? or ???? lol sorry, just ask if you need additional info

Also,
Aluminum drive shaft is coming probably monday.... do I need any kind of a spacer for my transmission setup?? it's all stock (transmission wise).... it's a 94 CONVERTIBLE GT with an aode... it didn't mention if a spacer was needed so, ??????

Also,
should I buy a Drive Shaft loop? I can .... just wondering ... I figure it would be a good "security", peace of mind type of deal! and, which loop would you guys suggest? There are SO many different ones! lol is there really a difference in them? hey! also, are there any other things i should get along with the drive shaft???? (by "things" i mean supporting stuff that will protect the purchase! kind of like the drive shaft loop) thanks

Ok, sorry for the long post! thanks guys ; )
And i'll post pics of the engine build probably this weekend! lol I just am busy with SCHOOL and work! lol tuition is going up! I have to make LOTS more to continue lol but car is a priority! lol

Last edited by cortlan; 02-11-2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: other quick question!
Old 02-11-2009, 02:22 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

ok, if ur brake light is coming on, yes, good possibility that fluid is low. and on that note, if fluid is low, the abs wont work properly, which could be the reason your pedal is pulsating. or could just be the brakes are warped. is it IN the pedal, or is the whole car vibrating?

driveshaft...i dont think you would need a spacer but all the ones ive dealt with have been with 5-spds, but if you bought it new from a Mustang parts supplier and they didnt mention anything, then good guess is you wont...just checked Summits site says it will fit: c4, aod, t5, srod, tremec. you should be fine. and the safety loop, its just that. its just an extra security measure in case something breaks, you wont pogo the car in case the front u-joint breaks and the front of the driveshaft would drop down. its an extra security measure, so, ur choice.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:27 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

if light comes on , check fluid level, but if fluid level is low, either you have a line, caliper or MC leaking or pads are low.... front rotors are warped = that's why you feel pedal pulsing, and no spacer needed for driveshaft and no you have no mods to warrant a LOOP