5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Water leaking under dash 94 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 03:03 PM
ckdontes

Default Water leaking under dash 94 Mustang GT

Okay I just bought this car a few weeks ago and have had my hands full fixing anything from large problems (transmission) to smaller problem instrument panel lights. I started leaking fluid from under the dash (both driver and passenger). I just happened to have my low coolant light come on and assumed I was loosing coolant and it must be the heater core. I bought a kit and bypassed the heater core for the time being. I ran the car for the past couple of days after bypassing the HC and noticed I am still having fluids pour out from under the dash (enough to get my pant leg wet). I was think maybe the condensation from the A/C was backed up but I for the life of me can't find the drainage hose for the condensation from the A/C. When I stop after running the A/C I don't get a drip of water under the car like I should so I'm betting thats the problem.....could someone please explain to me or show me by illustration where the line from the A/C would be? Thanks for the help.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:43 PM
quickspeedracing

I have a picture of my current project (a 94 mustang gt) without the dash in it... if the one picture that i have doesnt work, i can take some close up pics for you so that you can better undetand wats under there. Give me a sec, and ill have a pic up for you.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:45 PM
quickspeedracing

I notice now that this picture was taken from a bad angle.... so if you tell me what exactly you need to see, ill go and take some specific pictures.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:20 PM
ckdontes

I appreciate the photo (that may come in handy). But I'm actually trying to figure where the condensation line is located that I believe should be dropping down somewhere around the A/C compressor (I think).
Old 03-17-2009, 02:33 PM
quickspeedracing

If thats the case, why on earth do you think that it would make it into your car.... especially in that amount. Now you arent making sense. Try explaining once again, cause i want to help, but now im lost. Are you absolutely possitive that its not your heater core? You can bypass your heater core, and it still leak out some of the remaining water..... in all my time building and working on cars, i have never heard of anything that you are talking about.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:35 AM
ckdontes

I was thinking maybe it was fluid that was left over after I bypassed the heating core. It just seemed like lots of fluid coming into the car but I'm not sure how much could be left over from the heater core. I don't claim to know much about working on cars thats why I'm asking for help. I do appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. So, let me rephrase the question.
After I bypass the heater core is it normal to still have fluid dripping under the dash?