5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Stroker Build?

Old 03-26-2009, 02:01 AM
Rinchesta
Banned

Cool Stroker Build?

i was looking into a 331 stroker build and came across this
http://www.fordstrokers.com/diy-libe...l=EN&currency=
it looks like a good product. so i was wondering this project if i decide to do it its going to be on a budget so. what kind of heads/cam and intake should i be looking for and can i use BBK shorties with this block. should i go with EFI or Carb? and does a stock T5 bolt on to this block? in case your wondering what is the goal for this is to run 12's on the weekends N/A and daily drive it any inputs would be apriciated
Old 03-26-2009, 06:52 AM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rinchesta
i was looking into a 331 stroker build and came across this
http://www.fordstrokers.com/diy-libe...l=EN&currency=
it looks like a good product. so i was wondering this project if i decide to do it its going to be on a budget so. what kind of heads/cam and intake should i be looking for and can i use BBK shorties with this block. should i go with EFI or Carb? and does a stock T5 bolt on to this block? in case your wondering what is the goal for this is to run 12's on the weekends N/A and daily drive it any inputs would be apriciated
Ford strokers has a good rep here so I think you would be good to go there. Going N/A I'd move into the 347 though. A decent flowing set of heads would be required and Your cam choice would depend on where you want to make power. FI or Carb?? Thats a personal preferance. With a few carefully selected parts and some decent driving you could shoot for the 11's. 12's would be so easy a caveman could do it. You can run shorty headers but at the cost of some power

Last edited by Portmaster; 03-26-2009 at 06:57 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Rinchesta
Banned

Originally Posted by Portmaster
Ford strokers has a good rep here so I think you would be good to go there. Going N/A I'd move into the 347 though. A decent flowing set of heads would be required and Your cam choice would depend on where you want to make power. FI or Carb?? Thats a personal preferance. With a few carefully selected parts and some decent driving you could shoot for the 11's. 12's would be so easy a caveman could do it. You can run shorty headers but at the cost of some power
ok so a 347 block with maybe some world product heads windsor jr heads, Trickflow Track heat Intake, And TSF stage 1 cam, going EFI, With some BBK longtubes? i want to drop it in the cobra
Old 03-26-2009, 01:41 PM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rinchesta
ok so a 347 block with maybe some world product heads windsor jr heads, Trickflow Track heat Intake, And TSF stage 1 cam, going EFI, With some BBK longtubes? i want to drop it in the cobra
The Windsor Jrs don't really flow enough air for a 347. Lots of better cams than the trick flow stage 1. Maybe a Comp XE274HR cam. The BBK long tubes would be OK. If you want cast iron heads go with the Windsor Sr's
Old 03-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Rinchesta
Banned

you got a link to those heads? and should i even bother with this build? i just want a cobra that's not like everyone elses you know
Old 03-26-2009, 02:07 PM
psuhillbilly150
2nd Gear Member

If ya just want something different then everyone else just drop a 351w in there. A bare block can be had for 100 bucks on the craigslist or a complete motor for 200-300 bucks then you just gotta get the headers and oil pan for the swap and a new computer if your going EFI. Then you got yourself 351 cubes with 230 hp and lots of room to grow if you want more power

there is more to it then that I am just being quick about it but check out the 351 section of this site to see if its some your interested in doing. I know there is a guy that performed this swap in his SN95 car and had a huge thread on it about 6 months ago.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Rinchesta
Banned

Originally Posted by psuhillbilly150
If ya just want something different then everyone else just drop a 351w in there. A bare block can be had for 100 bucks on the craigslist or a complete motor for 200-300 bucks then you just gotta get the headers and oil pan for the swap and a new computer if your going EFI. Then you got yourself 351 cubes with 230 hp and lots of room to grow if you want more power

there is more to it then that I am just being quick about it but check out the 351 section of this site to see if its some your interested in doing. I know there is a guy that performed this swap in his SN95 car and had a huge thread on it about 6 months ago.
i was looking into a 351w too but didnt think about it as much. but since were on it might as well ask, can i bolt up the cobra heads,intake and maybe even the cam which probably i wont leave stock to the 351 block? and just bolt it on the stock trans?
Old 03-26-2009, 02:31 PM
psuhillbilly150
2nd Gear Member

the heads will match up but you will have to drill out the mounting holes on the heads since the windsor uses wider bolts. Intake no the windsor is 2" wider then the 302. The cam I dunno about. Your tranny will bolt up the the 351w
Old 03-26-2009, 08:52 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

tfs fast as cast 190 heads and have a custom cam designed, you won't be sorry.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:12 PM
minnow81469
3rd Gear Member

hey mjr arent you running that 347 stroker combo and are deep in the 11's with it id contact woody their at ford strokers he'll set you up with a combo that will meet your goals

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stroker Build?