5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

How to add nitrous to boosted application??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 01:08 AM
ColdCityMustang
1st Gear Member

Default How to add nitrous to boosted application??

So I've got a '95 Mustang GTS, I have it pro-charged and decided just tonight that I want to hook my nitrous back up to it. What's the best way(wet,dry,...) to hook it up and hook it up so that it won't leak under boost(~15lbs.) ((I'm going to have it professionally tuned once completed)) I have a dry kit sitting around here somewhere, so I have a few solenoids, lines, tanks, electrical etc, so buying the wet kit conversion would be an ideal option but I'm open for more suggestions. If you have any please let me know, or if you know anyone who has done it, again, please let me know lol. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:32 AM
KINGKAOS
2nd Gear Member

Interested to know as well... Sorry I wasn't "helpful".. But this would be some good info to all..
Old 04-12-2009, 06:50 AM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

If it were me, I'd run a wet kit. You are already under boost, which requires a boat load of more fuel. No sense in trying to add to the already problematic equation of detonation in the cylinders by introducing more oxygen and less fuel. Use the wet kit and you will be fine, untill you reach the blocks limits and then BLAMMMOOO. Wished I would of not done that feeling will probably start to overwhelm you.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

The first thing will need is an engine hoist.............................
Old 04-12-2009, 03:45 PM
ColdCityMustang
1st Gear Member

No, no engine hoists yet. I remember Samseed was doing it, but I don't remeber how. He ran his factory block into the low tens if I remember correctly. Thats my goal right now, I want to push my factory 5.0 to the max.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:59 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ColdCityMustang
No, no engine hoists yet. I remember Samseed was doing it, but I don't remeber how. He ran his factory block into the low tens if I remember correctly. Thats my goal right now, I want to push my factory 5.0 to the max.
Low 10's? I wish! lol. More like mid to low 11's. But still respectable

You can go wet or dry.. I went both on a two stage. The dry stage was a small shot that actually sprayed across the MAS. Then the second stage was the wet kit. It was a low boost though.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:36 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

the first thing i would do is figure out why your car, which is running 15psi is so slow it needs nitrous too
Old 07-11-2009, 07:25 AM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlessedHellride
No sense in trying to add to the already problematic equation of detonation in the cylinders by introducing more oxygen and less fuel. .
i'm on my 4th dry kit and have yet to see one that doesn't introduce more fuel ??? not sure who lied to you about that ???

but anyways... if you have a dry kit just do it dry, you only need about about 50hp jets to equal about 100 hp gain , by squirting with the blower your getting a triple effect in a sense

precooling the intake charge, freezing the intake , and adding more 02

the first are technically the same thing, but w/ the blower you have added heat, so imo it is different since an NA gets a double effect (cooling + 02) see what i'm saying ?

anyways... just my thoughts... as long as your injectors aren't maxxed out, the dry kit will spike FP to 80 and make full use of the injectors capacity.. it will also inject the fuel where it NEEDS to be... in the combustion chamber... instead of the upper intake where it pools up on the rough casting turns so you can try and make it ignite if something fails