MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   PA Valve Body or Stock with Shift Kit (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/53265-pa-valve-body-or-stock-with-shift-kit.html)

fastfox86 06-20-2005 09:36 PM

PA Valve Body or Stock with Shift Kit

Hey all,

I don't have the money for a Lentech or an Art Carr valve body right now, so I was wondering if you all think the PA street/strip Valve body is any good or if I should just stick with my stock valve body and put in a shift kit along with a high pressure boost valve. The trans is about to be completely rebuilt with stronger parts and I want this thing shifting hard and fast.

Quik 06-20-2005 10:39 PM

RE: PA Valve Body or Stock with Shift Kit

i would go shift kit. a good one would be your best bet. i got another shift kit for sale. It came out of my Strip/street comp GER AOD. in its place is a lentech. so if youre interest let me know. its the complete valve body. also if you have any doubt about buying things from me. Ask 91convertible he just bought my old VB with a transgo shift kit in it

fastfox86 06-20-2005 10:57 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I already have a completely rebuilt 89 VB with a high ratio boost valve and a TransGo installed waitiing for the rebuild but then I started thinking about all the money I have tied up in other trans parts and wondered if I shouldn't just get a new valve body and be done with it. I ended up breaking down and ordering an Art Carr manual/auto VB so now I guess I'll just try and sell the other valve body. If you kow anyone that's looking for one with a shift kit send em my way. Thanks for your input too. By the way, why would you go shift kit as opposed to valve body?

Quik 06-20-2005 11:02 PM

hey bud a shift kit is what makes the Valve body. valve body is the piece of tranny that controls the shifts and etc. a shift is a different set of springs and plungers to get the valve body to perform differently

vfast 06-20-2005 11:04 PM

he just didn't want to buy your stuff OH....why are folks so skkeeerrd of used stuff..we don't sell yunk here

fastfox86 06-20-2005 11:10 PM

Did you guys not read my reply? I've already got a freakin vb with a shift kit in it. Why would I buy another one from OH if I already have one? I decided to just get a whole new valve body. I just posted the vb I'm not going to use in the for sale forum if you want to check it out.

hatingyou 06-20-2005 11:26 PM

How much do you want for that VB?

vfast 06-20-2005 11:31 PM

i WAS SPEAKING IN GENERAL ABOUT THE BUYING OF USED PARTS

hatingyou 06-20-2005 11:37 PM

I was talking about ohsoquiks VB with shift kit or whatever that was. I wanted to know how much he wanted for it.

Quik 06-20-2005 11:40 PM

40 bucks for this one plus shopping