5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

1st shot of spray

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:22 PM
RICEBORDEAUX
2nd Gear Member

Default 1st shot of spray

I went down a degree colder on my autolites today and went ahead and sprayed
my 125 wet kit and it blew the tires off in 2nd gear it took off in 3 and 4th though
I didnt' really feel it until I turned the switch off. Not a bad addition to the ol fox.....
I am sure I will be spraying it alot more now just hear so many stories of things
blowingup and going wrong no backfire no nothing just a kick in the but....I'm satisfied if there's anyone thinking about using it then get your set up, adjust the timing and what comes along with the juice the bottle and all and have some fun I'm a believer now....
Old 04-24-2009, 09:31 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

sooner or later everyone who uses the bottle will have a story to tell for better and for worse....btdt
Old 04-25-2009, 11:56 PM
lxman1
4th Gear Member

Autolite 32's and 10* of timing and it will run strong on a wet kit.
Mine back in the day with 3.55's, O/R H-pipe and Flowmasters (all else stock on 100hp spray) went 7.96 @ 86mph in the 1/8 mile on worn out slicks.
That's around 12.49 1/4 mile.

Fun stuff. Mine wouldn't hook on street tires until sometime in 3rd either.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:49 PM
RICEBORDEAUX
2nd Gear Member

Had the old nitrous explosion yesterday...destroyed the throttle body and
blew all the vac lines off. I have replaced the throttle body and I have to change
the plugs its not running on all 8 cylinders right now....it was fun though I don't think
I damaged the motor just sprayed it 3 time in a row back to back I think my bottle pressure
dropped and I hit the rev limiter on my last run...fun though....
Old 04-27-2009, 05:00 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Originally Posted by RICEBORDEAUX
Had the old nitrous explosion yesterday...destroyed the throttle body and
blew all the vac lines off. I have replaced the throttle body and I have to change
the plugs its not running on all 8 cylinders right now....it was fun though I don't think
I damaged the motor just sprayed it 3 time in a row back to back I think my bottle pressure
dropped and I hit the rev limiter on my last run...fun though....
Dude you jinxed the hell out of yourself...

You probably broke a valve or burnt a hole in the piston.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:43 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT
Dude you jinxed the hell out of yourself...

You probably broke a valve or burnt a hole in the piston.
me and a friend tore apart a 331 stroker last month and thats exactly what happened. pan a huge kaboom! blew a head gaskets, intake gasket, ruined his TB, MAF and air filter. pulled the motor apart to find a gigantic hole in the #5 piston
Old 04-27-2009, 08:37 PM
NotchAbove
2nd Gear Member

WINDOW SWITCH FTW !!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:58 PM
turbosha
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NotchAbove
WINDOW SWITCH FTW !!!!
agree! you must be over 3000 rpms and full throttle. to hit the juice. i started with a 125 shot and all the bottles add up. let alone having to stop ,open the truck,turn the bottle on,get back in. fuwwy on that. started looking for boost. more better in my oppinion
Old 04-27-2009, 10:06 PM
grnstang
2nd Gear Member

sorry about your engine man...mys o well begin tear down
Old 04-27-2009, 11:05 PM
Jon82387
1st Gear Member

That sux the title of the thread is 1st shot of spray and like 4posts and a day later you have an explosion ouch....

I also just ran into my first casualty with nitrous, except im running a wet plate 150shot with window switch and all that crap. Was messing around on the freeway with some ricer... guess he got the best of me after the second run i decided to keep going in 5th gear(which they say isnt a good idea....) totally blew the guy out but the second run i heard a backfire and a stutter then the car just wasnt running right at all... like it was missing.

Got it home parked it thought it checked it in the morning thought it was just a blown lower intake gasket drove it about 20 miles to my garage i store it in changed all that still ran like crap... then i started to notice it smoking terribly out the exhaust came to the conclusion my rings were gone on my 190k motor =\

Oh well though i knew it would happen eventually time to get jim to build me a new 347 =D

Quick Reply: 1st shot of spray