5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Power loss, hesitatation, sputter, chug

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 07:02 PM
RogerDodger1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
Once again you are directing a member in the wrong direction, No 1 Autozone does not perform obd 1 scans on vehicles nor do they have the KNOW HOW.....50 DOLLAR CODE SCANNER..COME ON.....what a waste....how 'bout DIY KOEO/KOER test with a paper clip.........posts like this just show me where your tech knowledge is...and it's not with a FORD....Here educate yourself:http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,2471.0.html

GOOD STUFF HUH??? and it's free
Once again you are harassing me and I am getting more than tired of this childishness. Kindly knock it off.

They guy has already spent a LOAD of money and it hasn't done jack to cure the problem. A helpful suggestion as to how to stop the money BLEEDING out of his wallet is certainly appreciated. Many other people have used the suggested methods to great success. Sorry if that doesn't put money in your wallet at $60-$70 an hour in your auto shop! lol If you don't approve, toughy toenails. I think he is an adult and can determine well enough on his own what he'd like to do or not, without you acting as some kind of babysitter.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:17 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by RogerDodger1
Once again you are harassing me and I am getting more than tired of this childishness. Kindly knock it off.

They guy has already spent a LOAD of money and it hasn't done jack to cure the problem. A helpful suggestion as to how to stop the money BLEEDING out of his wallet is certainly appreciated. Many other people have used the suggested methods to great success. Sorry if that doesn't put money in your wallet at $60-$70 an hour in your auto shop! lol If you don't approve, toughy toenails. I think he is an adult and can determine well enough on his own what he'd like to do or not, without you acting as some kind of babysitter.
I posted: :http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,2471.0.html

you posted:
For what you pay a mechanic to check for trouble codes, you can purchase a $50 scanner at Sears and do it yourself, .
Now who is the one bleeding money outta his wallet??? I can tell you took no time to click the link and read what it has to offer, You can lead a horse to water but I can't make you drink it.....If I were trying to put money in my wallet I'd steer him to my bussiness via PM. Now no more off topic responses in the OP'S thread.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:20 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

For what you pay a mechanic to check for trouble codes, you can purchase a $50 scanner at Sears and do it yourself, or go to Advance Auto Parts or Auto Zone and the will scan the car/check for trouble codes for you for free.
Originally Posted by mjr46
Once again you are directing a member in the wrong direction, No 1 Autozone does not perform obd 1 scans on vehicles nor do they have the KNOW HOW.....50 DOLLAR CODE SCANNER..COME ON.....what a waste....how 'bout DIY KOEO/KOER test with a paper clip.........posts like this just show me where your tech knowledge is...and it's not with a FORD....Here educate yourself:http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,2471.0.html

GOOD STUFF HUH??? and it's free

I don't see the harassment. I see YOU giving misinformation and someone else w/ obviously more know how on the subject correcting you. If that bothers you, I suggest knowing what you are talking about before you post. It's not rocket science.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:46 AM
cholericfc
3rd Gear Member

oh wow, haha, this is interesting to come back to. *nod*

First off, I have one of those scanners from Sears/Autozone, or where ever the hell I bought it... I bought it 7 years ago, and I've hardly used it... It doesn't do jack for me.
I appreciate BOTH ideas though. not to take sides or anything...

Also, you guys should get along, its only a forum....
Old 11-20-2009, 09:54 AM
cholericfc
3rd Gear Member

MJR - I replaced my instrument panel a year ago, and I wonder if the engine light doesn't even work... *I want to make sure theirs no memory codes*

Shouldn't my engine light turn on, if my timing is at 20 degrees?

I really just want to find out if any sensors are bad and if my distributor is still good?

I can tell somethings still off...
Old 11-20-2009, 10:02 AM
cholericfc
3rd Gear Member

Also, I have not spent a "load of money," and the things I replaced I needed, minus the fuel lines ((considering ClassicTubes won't sell me just the rubber hoses - I have to buy a kit - So that was upsetting to spend money on))

Besides the minor fuel-line thing, I'm happy with the situation... I've had worse.

AND, I would never pay 60-70 to get codes checked. More around 0-20.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:30 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

So have you run a koeo/koer test/ followed the info in the link I posted????
Old 11-20-2009, 12:48 PM
cholericfc
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, I actually did read the entire thing earlier today, and I've also read it in the past. Its actually bookmarked on my computer.

Will my engine light go into default and start flashing, when everything is hooked up?
Old 11-20-2009, 09:30 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

the cel will blink out codes, so have you run the codes yet??
Old 11-20-2009, 09:37 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by cholericfc
Yeah, I actually did read the entire thing earlier today, and I've also read it in the past. Its actually bookmarked on my computer.

Will my engine light go into default and start flashing, when everything is hooked up?
turn your key to the run position. Does the CEL illuminate?

If it doesnt, it would be wise of you to figure out which bulb it is.. and replace it

Quick Reply: Power loss, hesitatation, sputter, chug