5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Broke intake bolt, vac lines and A/C line...need a little help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Patsfan34
1st Gear Member

Default Broke intake bolt, vac lines and A/C line...need a little help!

Ok so I'm finally upgrading my intake and putting new valve cover gaskets on because something is leaking a bit of oil on the back of the engine onto the exhaust and I had the time yesterday so I figured I'd just do it. (Note, the main seal and need clutch was done earlier in the summer, so I know for sure it's not the main seal that's leaking oil.) I know going into this much of the plastic clips and connectors are very old and brittle so I tried to take it easy. Well immediately I broke a vac line that goes from one side of the firewall to the otherside of the firewall, not a big deal I'll just buy another one. After getting the upper intake out I tried to remove fuel rails with quick disconnect tool but for some reason it don't fit right but I was able to pop fuel injectors out and move the whole assembly (fuel rails and injectors) to the passanger side of engine so it's out of my way. A couple of the injectors were very brittle and the plastic literally just flaked off at the bottow where the o-ring plugs into the intake and now I'm not comfortable putting those back in so I"ll buy a whole new set of injectors...YAH! So now I start unbolting all the lower intake bolts and I get to the very last bolt which is a stud on the back drivers side corner and SNAP. Every other bolt came right out but this one snapped. So I stopped right there and will attempt to finish this on Sunday or Monday but here are my questions.

1) Where's the cheapest and most reliable place to get a replacement set of injectors?

2) I'm going to buy some Blaster or WD-40 and spray that sheared bolt and let it sit and try to get it out with vise grips but if I have no luck with that is heating that up and trying to get it out with vise grips a BAD IDEA?

3) I want to take all the heater hoses and fittings out that go to the heater core cause I will never use the heat cause this beast will sit in the garage all winter. Is there a copper fitting that I can buy to re-route the heater lines right back to themselves at the water pump?

4) I'm gonna just take out all the a/c lines since I know I busted the line in the top front. No big deal cause I only used the a/c twice this whole summer but what a bummer cause that thing ran ice cold.

Ok, sorry for such a long post but I needed to get it all down now because I won't be able to check this until later or not until I get home from work much later tonight.

Thanks in advance!

Patsfan
Old 09-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Patsfan34
1st Gear Member

Or, I'll just figure it all out myself...no worries!
Old 09-03-2009, 11:34 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by Patsfan34
Or, I'll just figure it all out myself...no worries!
why don't you look at why you got no replies = to long a post, condense it next time...no need for all the details and drama behind the needed repair..........1.as for injectors, you don't need new injectors, just the pintle caps..http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Mr-Injector__W0QQ_armrsZ1
2. as for bolt, lightly heat it and concentrate heat around stud, I like to use a welding torch for it's small flame......3.as for coolant lines just loop them together. 4. as for a/c????????? are you just venting?? if so no need to include that drama in the post = adds to length and more reason why one looses interest in the read........Good luck
Old 09-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Patsfan34
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
why don't you look at why you got no replies = to long a post, condense it next time...no need for all the details and drama behind the needed repair..........1.as for injectors, you don't need new injectors, just the pintle caps..http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Mr-Injector__W0QQ_armrsZ1
2. as for bolt, lightly heat it and concentrate heat around stud, I like to use a welding torch for it's small flame......3.as for coolant lines just loop them together. 4. as for a/c????????? are you just venting?? if so no need to include that drama in the post = adds to length and more reason why one looses interest in the read........Good luck
I was definately venting somewhat but I was very upset that I broke all this stuff. My bad for such a long post. I decided to order a new set of injectors, got them for $220 shipped Ford Racing 19lb. I'll go to homedepot and see if there's a fitting I can buy to loop the coolant lines right at the waterpump.

There's also some metal lines that are attached to the bottom of the upper intake. I assume I cap that ones that don't go anywhere? I'll try to take a pic and post so you can see what I'm talking about.

Thanks mjr46!