MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   runs fine then won't, stomp gas to start again? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/566080-runs-fine-then-wont-stomp-gas-to-start-again.html)

chickenbutt 10-03-2009 11:40 AM

runs fine then won't, stomp gas to start again?

1 Attachment(s)
So the car runs fine cold but when i start to go down the street and it warms up it likes to cut off and then sometimes I have to floor the gas to get it started.. Keep in mind this is fuel injected... vortech supercharger headers injectors etc and when i put coolant in it I doesn't seem to ever fill up and i mean i put like four or five GALLONS of water in it.. I watch the water lower in the radiator after i stop pooring it. Looked at the dip stick and didn't see any water. don't know wat do do really??

Jordan's5.0 10-03-2009 07:22 PM

check your oil for water sounds like a popped head gasket to me

chickenbutt 10-03-2009 09:35 PM

I have but didn't see any?

chickenbutt 10-03-2009 09:36 PM

and these heads have been on here for no more than 2000 miles... is it normal to just go out like this?? it did sit for about two years or so too but still.. would that effect it?

92GTKID 10-03-2009 09:50 PM

try doing plugs wires and a new cap and rotor make sure you do the cap and rotor at the same time the same kinda **** happened to me you muight ot need new plugs but its still good to change them

Jordan's5.0 10-03-2009 10:13 PM

plugs and wires arent gonna make you loose 5 gallons of coolant i dont care how bad they are and thats something im not sure about i will leave that question to the people with a little more expirience

a_penquin 10-03-2009 10:24 PM

Well the coolant has to go somewhere, the only places it could go is:

Oil- cracked head gasket, cracked cylinder
Cylinder- cracked head, cracked head gasket, cracked cylinder
floor boards- blown heater core
ground- blown radiator, cracked hose, bad water pump, cracked block/head.

Dose it smoke? Any signs of water in the exhaust? Is the passenger floorboard wet? Giant puddle of water on the ground? Milky discolored oil? Signs of coolant in the engine bay?

chickenbutt 10-04-2009 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by a_penquin (Post 6544411)
Well the coolant has to go somewhere, the only places it could go is:

Oil- cracked head gasket, cracked cylinder
Cylinder- cracked head, cracked head gasket, cracked cylinder
floor boards- blown heater core
ground- blown radiator, cracked hose, bad water pump, cracked block/head.

Dose it smoke? Any signs of water in the exhaust? Is the passenger floorboard wet? Giant puddle of water on the ground? Milky discolored oil? Signs of coolant in the engine bay?

no to everything.. im baffled myself.. guess i will take the heads off cuz like you said the coolant is going somewhere...

Jordan's5.0 10-04-2009 12:55 PM

It can't just dissapear and if he doesnt have any water coming out the exhaust or milky oil it isnt a headgasket. Unless its your heater core but it shouldnt quit and not want to crank because they all point to head gasket except no sign of coolant going anywhere honestly im lost sorry man no clue

chickenbutt 10-04-2009 07:53 PM

Its okay, I already got the upper intake off but I can't get the stupid fuel lines off!!! I have that little tool or w/e I think but I guess im not using int right??! Any ideas? Im trying to take the lower intake off ant take the heads off.