5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Vfast, help me

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 05:08 AM
makarovboy
2nd Gear Member

Default Vfast, help me

Since my early morning burnout in the dirt, I've decided to stay off the asphalt with the mustang. We've decided to park momma's '79 corvette at the asphalt part of the road (go to work, shopping, etc.).

What humonguous spool or total lock-up rear end would you recommend for the 5.0, since I've got the urge to ridge run, with some ocassional circle track and rum running?

P.S.: would you recommend that I rebuild my posi track?

Are you in agreement that some folks just don't get it?
Old 11-18-2003, 03:12 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

Default Vfast, help me

Originally Posted by makarovboy
Since my early morning burnout in the dirt, I've decided to stay off the asphalt with the mustang. We've decided to park momma's '79 corvette at the asphalt part of the road (go to work, shopping, etc.).

What humonguous spool or total lock-up rear end would you recommend for the 5.0, since I've got the urge to ridge run, with some ocassional circle track and rum running?

P.S.: would you recommend that I rebuild my posi track?

Are you in agreement that some folks just don't get it?
how about a eaton? or a air locker. or for the cheap way just weld you traction lok together so both wheels are as one unit
Old 11-18-2003, 03:20 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

Default Vfast, help me

don't use a spool or weld them remember you still have to turn on the ridge...I would rebuild the posi like 50.00..take one or 2 of the best clutches from the old set and inset them in the new but no side by side space them out is using 2..this will tighten it up as close to a spool as you can get and can turn normal just like stock..make sure you use 4oz bottle of the friction modifer
Old 11-18-2003, 10:18 PM
makarovboy
2nd Gear Member

Default Vfast, help me

Hey, how bout that. We are in agreement. Maybe I'll even pave my road. Thanks vfast.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:10 PM
gorbs88
1st Gear Member

Default Vfast, help me

IS THAT A GOOD METHOD TO TIGHTEN UP THE POSI...PUT IN 2 MORE CLUTCHES?? IWAS TOLD IT WAS GOOD AND BAD...NOT TO SURE WHO TO BELIEVE...MINE IS GETTIN WEAK.. WILL SOMTIMES DO 1 WHEEL PEEL...VFAST PLS LET ME KNOW...