5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Hurst line lock install line help

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 10:02 AM
dukeme
3rd Gear Member

Default Hurst line lock install line help

As you can see by the pictures, I have hooked up the new HURST LINE LOCK, however, I must of hooked up the lines wrong or reversed them. When I flip the switch, press the brakes...Nothing. Please see if you can see by the photos if I did it wrong? Thanks

Old 11-09-2009, 10:10 AM
scatfox331
1st Gear Member

ive never had to deal with them but dont u have to press the brake and then flip the switch?
Old 11-09-2009, 10:57 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

i helped once on one of these. IIRC you're supposed to run the front brake line(from the distribution block, not the MC, through the top hole of your hurst line lock control. then you run a new line out of the out hole of the hurst unit to a Male T block. one side goes to the left, other to the right and you're done for front line lock. all other holes should get blocked off.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:01 AM
dukeme
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FivePointOhh
i helped once on one of these. IIRC you're supposed to run the front brake line(from the distribution block, not the MC, through the top hole of your hurst line lock control. then you run a new line out of the out hole of the hurst unit to a Male T block. one side goes to the left, other to the right and you're done for front line lock. all other holes should get blocked off.
See, that makes better sense...Is there a diagram of this set up??? Thanks
Old 11-09-2009, 11:28 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

http://static.summitracing.com/globa...745000(2)1.pdf
Old 11-09-2009, 11:39 AM
dukeme
3rd Gear Member

Hey Mjr...Yes, I prob have the 2 lines backwards on the front side. I'm god to change those around and see what we get. I was reading about the Vert frame deal...WOW some harsh words were being slung... Are you good with chassis and staring set ups? If you are, this is my set up and I am getting some very sloppy steering? Could this be due to coil overs? Shinnies?

Suspension / Body
AJE K-Member
Chromoly Upper/Lower Control arms
Welded in sub frame connectors
Energy suspension motor mounts
Energy transmission mounts
175 Coil Overs
Strang struts
Strange 10 way adjustable struts
Aluminum Caster camber plates
GT rear springs with a right rear air bag.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:55 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

I have a very simialar set up on my 85 and it doesn't feel sloppy just with the skinnies I wouldn't want to road race..lol........sloppy in what way???
Old 11-09-2009, 12:06 PM
dukeme
3rd Gear Member

The steering is so sensitive when launching and going though the gears...Actually, I raced the car on Saturday and prob lost a 10th due to spinning so much. I also have a steering shaft knuckle rubbing against the header collector which I was able to radias the corners helped a bit. Is the shaft coming out of the fire wall sub post to have any play, side to side? I assume it does?
Old 11-09-2009, 12:15 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

yup yup, exactly what i was talkin about. i remember seeing that diagram now. same one we used when we did my buddies line lock
Old 11-09-2009, 03:14 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by dukeme
The steering is so sensitive when launching and going though the gears...Actually, I raced the car on Saturday and prob lost a 10th due to spinning so much. I also have a steering shaft knuckle rubbing against the header collector which I was able to radias the corners helped a bit. Is the shaft coming out of the fire wall sub post to have any play, side to side? I assume it does?
well no steering suspension component should have much play if any, what you need to do is hold the tire steady and have someone rock the steering wheel back and worth so as to not move the tire, while such is done, inspect tie rods, steering shaft and rack mounting points , if to much freeplay exists , locate it

Quick Reply: Hurst line lock install line help