5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Battle Box install

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 03:46 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Battle Box install

i would have the torque boxes fully welded. i did then had my plates welded on top of those.
also i wish i would of had my uppers done. if you can have them fully welded.

its not the HP that affects its torque and traction

also if your buddy cant weld then i would leave it to a pro. in situations like this you want the correct heat and pentatration. cold welds/boggers arent going to hold up to power
Old 07-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Fishhawk
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quik

i would have the torque boxes fully welded. i did then had my plates welded on top of those.
also i wish i would of had my uppers done. if you can have them fully welded.

its not the HP that affects its torque and traction

also if your buddy cant weld then i would leave it to a pro. in situations like this you want the correct heat and pentatration. cold welds/boggers arent going to hold up to power
Its not a question of if he can weld. He just built his own 7.50 NHRA certified chassis in a Camaro. Its not having access to a lift to get under the car and have good access to the torque box's. LOL .... and if traction is what tears them up then I don't have to worry about that. I usually have to peddle the 275/50/15's BFG DR's until I hit 2nd.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

if you cant get DRs to hook then your suspension is set up wrong and you probably have to much air in them.

DRs been known to go 7s so getting a 12 or 13 or 14 second car to hook on DRs shouldnt be that hard. just setup the suspension properly
Old 07-21-2005, 05:00 PM
wildstang87
2nd Gear Member

man, you must think you know everything!!!!!! you bash everyones car and tell them what they are doing wrong... ive seen 150HP cars do burnouts with drag radials... you might be right about the weak suspension, but isnt that what hes addressing right now with the battle boxes, im sure he plans on doing s/f/c also, and with 300HP its easy to tear the rubber off most tires, unless you back into a waterbox and do a proper burnout. i think you need to get a reality check and take a break from downing everyones setups.. not everyone wants the same out of their car as you do, and opinions do vary. chill out, and if you think you can help, then help, otherwise, dont.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:09 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

dont come at me like that, i wasnt bashing his car. also dont tell me what to do, and dont know what i know. also if you got something to say take it up with my PM box, if not STFUMYOB...also i think everyone on this site wants the most out of their combos. rather it be stock or modified. and telling someone what they are doing wrong is going to teach them. like in school, if you got a bad grade you were shown what was wrong and what was correct. so just think about it

DRs are ment to hook and doing battle boxes along with SFC are a way of reinforcement. suspension consist of springs/coilvovers, struts/shocks, solid control arms, different housing bushings, A arms, Kmember, anti roll bar, pinnion snubber, rear braces, air bag. you shouldnt be spinning a DR when you want to hook up. DR is tire that is designed to create traction, not just spin. so if your spinning a DR then your doing something wrong rather it be to much PSI, not enough heat in the tires, or poorly setup suspension
ORIGINAL: wildstang87

man, you must think you know everything!!!!!! you bash everyones car and tell them what they are doing wrong... ive seen 150HP cars do burnouts with drag radials... you might be right about the weak suspension, but isnt that what hes addressing right now with the battle boxes, im sure he plans on doing s/f/c also, and with 300HP its easy to tear the rubber off most tires, unless you back into a waterbox and do a proper burnout. i think you need to get a reality check and take a break from downing everyones setups.. not everyone wants the same out of their car as you do, and opinions do vary. chill out, and if you think you can help, then help, otherwise, dont.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:16 PM
wildstang87
2nd Gear Member

you just said exactly what i said. nobody gave you the position as the teacher, and even its not so much the imformation you give, b/c thats usually pretty good, its the way you say it. you must try to make everyone feel like they know nothing. i know what a DR is and how it works, i do tires/brakes/suspension for a living, and i am ASE cerified in brakes, and steering and suspension, if you want my ASE # to verify i can give it to you, but your an electrician so you probably dont even know what that means.... anyway, im just trying to tell you that you should be a little more polite when giving your OPINION on peoples setups. i for one am NOT looking for an all out drag, or street car, i am building mine into a reliable daily driver with a little fun on the side. so you cant say everyone wants the most out of their car. and by the way you stfu.......
Old 07-21-2005, 07:08 PM
wildstang87
2nd Gear Member

HI LEELEE HOWS IT GOING AT WORK
Old 07-21-2005, 07:09 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

ppl know the info is pretty good and yes i may come across as a tool but you know what. thats just how it comes across. in the end im just relaying helpful info and ppl that have been on this site long enough know that. just like any other site info is there but you have to interpet it. also me being an electrician has nothing to do with my knowledge of other trades. ASE isnt all that great in some cases. you can work at pepboys and be ASE you can work at Jiffy Lube and be ASE. Ive seen work done by ASE guys and ive seen work done by non ASE and tell you the truth that ASE title doesnt mean squat in some cases. also i chose ECM for the pay. not to many shops want to pay good money for good skill. and i do this for a hobby not a living.

also you said in so many words that not everyone wants the most out of their car. well guess what. you said you want a fun reliable DD with fun on the side. with that comes the most out of the combo. you wouldnt own a ride like this if you didnt one the one up on others. you would be driving a echo or aveo if you didnt want the most out of the car. and then you still want the most. in that case you want best MPG and cheapest money pit

you just said exactly what i said. nobody gave you the position as the teacher, and even its not so much the imformation you give, b/c thats usually pretty good, its the way you say it. you must try to make everyone feel like they know nothing. i know what a DR is and how it works, i do tires/brakes/suspension for a living, and i am ASE cerified in brakes, and steering and suspension, if you want my ASE # to verify i can give it to you, but your an electrician so you probably dont even know what that means.... anyway, im just trying to tell you that you should be a little more polite when giving your OPINION on peoples setups. i for one am NOT looking for an all out drag, or street car, i am building mine into a reliable daily driver with a little fun on the side. so you cant say everyone wants the most out of their car. and by the way you stfu.......
Old 07-21-2005, 07:11 PM
wildstang87
2nd Gear Member

if you say so, all i was saying is you should pay attention to how you talk to people.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

im to poor to pay Attention. that bastard keeps taking all my money

if you say so, all i was saying is you should pay attention to how you talk to people.

Quick Reply: Battle Box install