MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Car smokes badly and plugs are black. where to start? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/579317-car-smokes-badly-and-plugs-are-black-where-to-start.html)

slick81cj5 12-29-2009 11:49 PM

Car smokes badly and plugs are black. where to start?

Its a 302EFI, R-Trim, Twisted Wedge heads, 60lb injector, Pro M mass air, I was getting on it and shifted into second it fell real sluggish all of a sudden, it wouldn't turn up then it shut off. When you crank it it idles poorly and smokes badly i cant tell if its fuel or oil but all cylinders are gettin hot, the plugs are covered in oil, i checked the pcv it wasn't clogged and made sure the mass air was connected, and swapped distributors but still no progress any suggestions. thanks eric

mattdel 12-29-2009 11:59 PM

thats a hell of a lot of motor to not know where to start when the plugs are wet with oil....

slick81cj5 12-30-2009 12:11 AM

its really not a whole lot of motor, it is a stock 94 hypeteutectic bottom end and i haven't ever had a single problem with it, so keep ur stupid ass commits to urself i'm tryin to get some help on something that is frustrating me and bein a jackass doesn't help

luckythirteen13 12-30-2009 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by slick81cj5 (Post 6719653)
its really not a whole lot of motor, it is a stock 94 hypeteutectic bottom end and i haven't ever had a single problem with it, so keep ur stupid ass commits to urself i'm tryin to get some help on something that is frustrating me and bein a jackass doesn't help

stupid ass comments like this are a great way to make sure no one will want to help you

slick81cj5 12-30-2009 10:05 AM

ohh man i wish i could be cool enough to be a member of 6th gear, why dont yall get ur dicks out of each others mouths and go post ur stuff somewhere else

PRO50SC 12-30-2009 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by slick81cj5 (Post 6719609)
Its a 302EFI, R-Trim, Twisted Wedge heads, 60lb injector, Pro M mass air, I was getting on it and shifted into second it fell real sluggish all of a sudden, it wouldn't turn up then it shut off. When you crank it it idles poorly and smokes badly i cant tell if its fuel or oil but all cylinders are gettin hot, the plugs are covered in oil, i checked the pcv it wasn't clogged and made sure the mass air was connected, and swapped distributors but still no progress any suggestions. thanks eric

Are you sure the plugs are oil covered and not gas fouled? Have you smelled them? Generally black smoke is a rich condition not an oil problem and if it's really rich that would explain the poor idle quality. Can you rev the engine while in neutral? Does it miss or anything like that? Why are you running such large injectors? How much boost and are you running an FMU and or a tune?

AntiRiceRacing 12-30-2009 12:30 PM

Wow, i hope your **** blows up douche. How do you expect to get help while you call out everyone who posts in your thread? Chill the fvck out and show some respect.

PRO50SC 12-30-2009 01:11 PM

OK everyone chill out. The guy asked for help, not for a flaming. Help the guy or STFU. It's not like he asked how to change his oil.

slick81cj5 12-30-2009 03:16 PM

60lb injectors are just what i had on the bigger motor and when they tuned this one they said those wouldn't be a problem, i only run 12lbs of boost with 11degrees of timing to keep it safe. They said at 500hp it can crack a stock block. Its at 476hp with a real safe tune, but when it is in neutral and u rev it up it bust up pretty bad the plugs smell like fuel and are wet with oil the smoke is a grey color. I'm goin to do a compression test tonight but i was tryin to get some ideas on things to try and to look at. I haven't ever had any problems with it so i dont really know where to start.

mjr46 12-30-2009 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by PRO50SC (Post 6720379)
OK everyone chill out. The guy asked for help, not for a flaming. Help the guy or STFU. It's not like he asked how to change his oil.

Bernie, I didn't think the first comment by "mattdel" that got the OP reved up was a flame that warranted such a big outbreak by the OP, I however feel the OP'S profanity and NAMECALLING should be addressed, so with that being said to the OP.....such outbreaks and profain language I WILL not TOLERATE , consider this a warning since you are NOT AS ACTIVE HERE I'll remind you to please refrain from allowing personal feeling to flow from the fingers to key strokes..............with that being said, to address your problem, I have had a few supercharged rides roll through my bays with simialar probs, and what I have often found is one of the supercharger hoses has blown off the claps slightly or split one of the pressure hoses, check all yours.....if that isn't the case, check fuel pressure and regulator to make sure diapram isn't rupture internally:icon_lol: LUK