5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

car wont start up

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 03:29 PM
Scooterman
2nd Gear Member

Default car wont start up

ok i went to start up my stang when all of a sudden it wont start... the only thing i could hear was my fuel pump.. i turn the key all the way and nothing else happened... what could it be.. no gas maybe?
Old 07-22-2005, 03:37 PM
Scooterman
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: car wont start up

honestly in need of advice here.. it started up yesterday. then the next day it doesnt... some1 please help me!
Old 07-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Mustang5.0_GT
3rd Gear Member

it dosent even turn over? could be your starter.. thats what happend to mine , also i hope you checked your battey lol
Old 07-22-2005, 03:53 PM
Scooterman
2nd Gear Member

oh no it turns all the way over, thats when the check oil light goes on and the check engine.. but the oil is fine.. how could it be the engine.. or could it be sumthin else.. like the battery..
Old 07-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Scooterman
2nd Gear Member

my friend just said its the battery, but the headlights still go on?
Old 07-22-2005, 04:25 PM
stanglx2002
6th Gear Member

sounds like the starter is shot IMO i would upgrade to a high torque mini starter so you will have plenty of cracking power. The mini starter hav ea lot more cranking power and they use a lot less power to run them and they dont get the common problem of heat soaking either.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Scooterman
2nd Gear Member

yeha but when i turn it, it doesnt kick over, theres nothing... thats y i think its the battery b/c on my civic it did the same thing once
Old 07-22-2005, 05:15 PM
ohh3sunfire

first u could start off simple and check ur plugs. check the plugs to see if they are covered with gas or see if they are black.or just change them for the hell of it. then check ur battery try to jump it. if u say its turning over fully then i dont really thing its ur battery but i could be wrong. if that doesn't work try a new starter and the last thing i would do is think about maybe having a head gasket blown. if it was blown it could turn over but wont start up b/c it has no compression. cant say exactly what it is but just try a few things u'll find something out. also check and see if any fluids are coming out your exhaust. if so that = not good. if it is your collant coming out ur exhaust then its a head gasket. and just another thing to throw in there could the engine be flooded? give it a couple of days maybe that was it.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:06 PM
Scooterman
2nd Gear Member

i dont understand how this can happen overnight.. everything was fine... i mean if my headlights still turn on.. then it obviously cant be the battery... so u really think its the starter then?
Old 07-22-2005, 06:27 PM
ohh3Ecofire

ok well if u say it wont crank over when u turn the key then it prolly is ur starter. first i would try to jump it just in case...but then start looking towards ur starter

Quick Reply: car wont start up