5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

All 4 brakes...re-done

Old 08-08-2005, 12:50 AM
Pure5.0
3rd Gear Member

Default All 4 brakes...re-done

A few days ago I finished re working my brakes. They were SHOT!!!!

The rear brakes were bad enough to where the parking brake only stopped the car from moving if pulled ALL the way up. I thought I was going to brake the cable.

The front brake pads were so worn that they completely rubbed off and the metal was grinding into the rotor resurfacing it.

Yeah I know I should have changed them awhile ago but I didn't know about it. I bought the car with brakes that were so bad that they didn't squeek at all. So I didn't know.

So I bought new pads for all 4 and new rotors and drums. Nothing special. Just the auto store's house brand...but the slotted rotors for up from were singing to me. I just told myself to wait since I want to do a 5lug four disc conversion one day.

The rears were easy...the fronts were too...but just took forever. And they were greased up really good. I went through 2 entire rolls of paper towels just to clean myself. And don't forget the 2 hour shower just to scrub up. That was horrible..

...but the work was worth it. Not only do they look good...I don't have the constant fear of rear ending someone after a quick stop.

Search this Thread