MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   bbk longtube questions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/608513-bbk-longtube-questions.html)

ctgreddy 07-08-2010 08:12 PM

bbk longtube questions

i'm not sure if this is classified as tech or not so move if i'm an idiot and put it in the wrong place ;).

i'm picking up some bbk ceramic long tubes this weekend, just wanted to make sure they'll fit my car. they're for a fox, i'm putting them in my '95, but i've got a fox 5speed setup/clutch fork. also kinda worried about my mcleoud blowproof bell, will the headers clear this? i sure am hoping so lol.
also, on the install i was planning on unbolting the motor and pulling it up as high as i can, will this give me enough room to get them in or will i need to unbolt the kmember as well? and one more thing, will i see any gains from this? not worried about hp, but i've trapped pretty consistant 115.6's, would longtubes give me enough gain to get a 116 trap?

AdderMk2 07-08-2010 08:17 PM

onyxcobra complained that his had severe steering shaft clearance issues

ctgreddy 07-08-2010 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by AdderMk2 (Post 7094978)
onyxcobra complained that his had severe steering shaft clearance issues

something an aftermarket shaft would take care of?

AdderMk2 07-08-2010 08:34 PM

ask him... what I can tell you is that SN-95 headers have clearance issues with the bellhousing (stock) of a foxbody...

not that its relevant or anything.

ctgreddy 07-08-2010 08:38 PM

what headers do you have adder?

Bubba 95SN 07-08-2010 09:30 PM

I have a sn95 with ceramic BBK longtube for the year I have. Drivers side goes in from underneath, remove steering shaft for clearance. Passenger side goes in from the top. Have no idea about using the fox header. Ask Mac and they said would work ask BBK they said will not work. Good luck maybe they will work.

AdderMk2 07-08-2010 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by ctgreddy (Post 7095012)
what headers do you have adder?

1-3/4" to 2.5" mac longtubes for an SN-95

302army187 07-10-2010 06:47 AM

idk about the fitment, but I would say 1-2mph is not out of the question at all.

you need some 3" exhaust. especially for the spray.

MADMAC 07-10-2010 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by ctgreddy (Post 7094964)
i'm not sure if this is classified as tech or not so move if i'm an idiot and put it in the wrong place ;).

i'm picking up some bbk ceramic long tubes this weekend, just wanted to make sure they'll fit my car. they're for a fox, i'm putting them in my '95, but i've got a fox 5speed setup/clutch fork. also kinda worried about my mcleoud blowproof bell, will the headers clear this? i sure am hoping so lol.
also, on the install i was planning on unbolting the motor and pulling it up as high as i can, will this give me enough room to get them in or will i need to unbolt the kmember as well? and one more thing, will i see any gains from this? not worried about hp, but i've trapped pretty consistant 115.6's, would longtubes give me enough gain to get a 116 trap?

I put the Fox long tube headers on my 94. We called BBK before the purchase, they stated that they would fit. They doooooo But? Had no clearance on the steering shaft, they did not clear the clutch fork. and did not match the BBK H pipe. I have never had so much trouble installing a set of headers as these. I had to do alot of modifying to get them to work. BBK did offer to replace them, but damn, after all I went through to make them work and it is a daily driver and tight on time, I just let well enough alone.

ctgreddy 07-11-2010 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by MADMAC (Post 7097857)
I put the Fox long tube headers on my 94. We called BBK before the purchase, they stated that they would fit. They doooooo But? Had no clearance on the steering shaft, they did not clear the clutch fork. and did not match the BBK H pipe. I have never had so much trouble installing a set of headers as these. I had to do alot of modifying to get them to work. BBK did offer to replace them, but damn, after all I went through to make them work and it is a daily driver and tight on time, I just let well enough alone.

i've got a fox clutch fork so i'm sure they'll work there. and it comes with an hpipe. i guess i'll see if it'll clear the stearing shaft when the time comes.