5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

baking inside my car help with fans!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 10:55 PM
xgregrandomx
1st Gear Member

Default baking inside my car help with fans!

Okay ever since i took my engine out and rebuilt and put it back in my front fans on my dash arent working the top defrosters and floor vents are. I know its some kind of vacuum line or something in the engine bay because they worked before and i never did anything to the interrior of the car and i checked behind the AC controls and everything is good back there. Pls help as soon as possible its freaken hot here in san diego!! I know some of you have had this problem from what i hear its pretty common pls share on what you did to fix it.

o and by the way no air at all is coming from the vent not just hot or cold...
Old 08-09-2005, 01:39 AM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Default RE: baking inside my car help with fans!

I had the same problem when I put my engine back in. My problem was that I had forgotten to plug in the vacume line that comes through the firewall on the passenger side.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:50 PM
xgregrandomx
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bramas02

I had the same problem when I put my engine back in. My problem was that I had forgotten to plug in the vacume line that comes through the firewall on the passenger side.

you mean the one line that connects into that lil switch(has a pulg going to it) with another line coming out of it to the intake. I could possibly have my vaccum lines screwed up if thats not what your talking about...?
Old 08-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

yea, check all of them on the back of the right side shock tower. you should have 2 for the smog system, one for the egr, and one to the back of the manifold, and one should go from the manifold, to the fuel pressure regulator. if all of thoes are hooked up and their are none leaking, then i would say that their is a problem inside the car. but if you did not pull the dash out or anything then it should be something outside, the only other thing i can think of is, on the back of the switch that changes the vents, to floor a/c heat and all that crap is that their is a yellow hose that goes to a vacume valve under that dash, if that came unhooked then that would be your problem.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:10 PM
xgregrandomx
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tims 88GT

yea, check all of them on the back of the right side shock tower. you should have 2 for the smog system, one for the egr, and one to the back of the manifold, and one should go from the manifold, to the fuel pressure regulator. if all of thoes are hooked up and their are none leaking, then i would say that their is a problem inside the car. but if you did not pull the dash out or anything then it should be something outside, the only other thing i can think of is, on the back of the switch that changes the vents, to floor a/c heat and all that crap is that their is a yellow hose that goes to a vacume valve under that dash, if that came unhooked then that would be your problem.
that seems different from what i got i have 1 3/8 hose with a small line on it for the ac(it attaches to another small like its allmost like a wire that goes into the fire wall, its just tied up to the 3/8 line) that goes into the TB adaptor. a small hose comming from the fuel pressure reg to the egr. another small house from the fire wall to a lil black round thing with (dunno what its called) going back to the bottom of the intake. and a 3/8 house going from the bottom of the intake to the top pulg thing then it goes back into my lower intake. So what do i have messed up here. keep in mind i have a sn95. thanks again
Old 08-11-2005, 12:27 AM
xgregrandomx
1st Gear Member

can any1 tell me where each vacuum line goes on a 94-95 stand pls?
Old 08-15-2005, 06:49 PM
HAUS
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tims 88GT

thank you kind sir. i think you solved my prob.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:18 PM
goathead75
3rd Gear Member

Where's the vacuum valve located? I'm having the same problem and found that the yellow hose was disconnected. The end of it was up above the gas pedal. Is it in that area?
Old 10-25-2006, 07:57 PM
goathead75
3rd Gear Member

Nevermind, found it. All set!