5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

some questions on buying my 1st 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 10:17 PM
CaliKid
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 93hatch306
that car doesn't look bad for it's age. like Bob said, you can probably get it for $2500, maybe less. I got my 90 GT for $2K.....the guy had it, an 88 notch and an 01 GT and his wife was tired of looking at Mustangs in the yard. Wish I'd held out for the 88....he sold it for $2500 a month after I bought the GT
Originally Posted by nitrous_bob
it never hurts to lowball him. and cash really talks.

if he is asking $3k i'd bring the $3k but only have like $2600 or so in the one pocket.

tell him you really like it but it was a little bit out of your range and you were looking for more of a project car, tell him you already borrowed the $600 from your parents and this is all you could come up with. apologize to him for that but feel him out. odds are he will take it, or give the ultimate bottom line. if you blow smoke up his a$$ like that car is the sweetest thing oin the road and tell him how good he took care of it, he shouldnt get offended by a lowball. and if he needs the coin...... a stack of hundies looks tasty

trust me... ive sold $h!t for way cheaper than i should have just cuz i was tired of it

i bought that 'vert for $3600 in about 2004 and sold it for $3000 after doing chrome ponies , tires, exhaust
aaw dam 93hatch :/ but once i get this(if it goes down) im pretty much stuck with it i think it will be difficult to sell completely opposite of my ninja zx6r because people are constantly looking at bikes on craigslist (even me sometimes)plus its a lot newer but thats a fat bummer guess the other dude was at the right place at the right time.

bob thats some good advice, definitely gonna bargain with him aint no way im going in without talking the price down haha.
what do you guys think though hes got the xpipe, gonna ask him to throw in the stock h pipe for smog or whatever since cali is strict with emissions
also, hes got a set of ponies and the 10 hole chp rims, should i take the ponys or chp, dont know how much tread either has
lemme know! thanks
Old 07-20-2010, 12:00 AM
badlx87
2nd Gear Member

hes got a set of ponies and the 10 hole chp rims, should i take the ponys or chp, dont know how much tread either has lemme know! thanks
Nab the pony's, the 10 holes are cheap and easy to come by.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:02 AM
CaliKid
1st Gear Member

woooho shes mine now got the 10 hole instead kept it original, came with a MAC air filter, stock h pipe, and a deck..good deal ill take pics of it tomorrow once i clean it up
Old 07-22-2010, 02:26 AM
badlx87
2nd Gear Member

Congrats man. I'm jealous of your new car lol. Can't wait to see some pics of it all spiffed up.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:07 PM
CaliKid
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by badlx87
Congrats man. I'm jealous of your new car lol. Can't wait to see some pics of it all spiffed up.
haha thanks bro, im pretty fortunate this was a good find, engine runs super strong nothin wrong with it, might need to replace the slave cylinder clutch is a little different than usual but iv never driven a 5.0 so ill need to get use to the 5spd on this baby. so the shocks for the hatch are done the trunk is pretty heavy, one of my buddies accidentally let go of it when it was pretty high up, now the trunk latches dont want to grip and shut, thats a minor thing tho.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:44 PM
badlx87
2nd Gear Member

yea thats notorious for hatches. Both of my cars has done that. I do a quick easy fix by just putting a few rounds of electrical tape on the latch rod. Or you can just get the striker for like $6.95 lol.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:37 AM
CaliKid
1st Gear Member

thats what i was thinkin

Last edited by CaliKid; 07-24-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:48 AM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

if the clutch cable is stock (there will be a plastic quadrant above the pedal where the cable is) you can pull up on it hard, then push in with your foot. do that a few times to adjust it. if it is an aftermarket adjustable... then you want the clutch to START to engage about 1 1/2" off the floor

congrats on the car, take it to the track b4 you mod...... then you have a baseline to see what mods gained you what. "feel" means nothing

how long b4 4.10's, slicks and nitrous ? you'll really spank on some cali cars then. bakersfield will be a little hot this time of year, what track is close to you ?
Old 07-24-2010, 07:50 PM
CaliKid
1st Gear Member

haha bob you reallly like nitrous huh?? live in sacramento now so sacramento raceway/infinion most definately im gonna take her out to the track i cant wait
im gonna check out the clutch cable after i post these pics its to the point where im in reverese and i have to engage the clutch so that its all the way to the floor -.-

Old 07-24-2010, 07:57 PM
badlx87
2nd Gear Member

looks sharp. Even with the ole lx 10 holes lol. That car would look amazing with a 5 lug conversion and black Bullets with a chrome lip. But its your car. So any plans for it in the near future?

Quick Reply: some questions on buying my 1st 5.0