5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Adjustable Fuel Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 08:01 PM
FORD TOUGH
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cholericfc
I do realize that I don't NEEEED an adjustable fpr. But, i do know that my fuel pressure is NOT where its suppose to be and therefor I should get one. The pressure is probably off from a bent fuel line or something, or maybe my fuel pump is squirting too much fuel - idunno.

An oil change??? and why is that?
You probably have gas in your oil now.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:32 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by 93hatch306
think of it this way. if you did suck gas back into the engine and thin the oil, a $30 oil change is cheaper than an engine rebuild because the bearings washed out.
an oil change is only $15.... IDK who is screwing you.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:24 PM
93hatch306
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
an oil change is only $15.... IDK who is screwing you.
I run Mobil1 in the car....

$15 for the truck...it burns so much I just buy house brand oil by the case...
Old 08-05-2010, 12:26 AM
cholericfc
3rd Gear Member

I started out with Pennzoil for the first two oil changes on my new crate motor. I now have Royal Purple in my car, so having to change my oil doesn't really make me too happy. I want to go back to Pennzoil. I only have less than 1,000 miles on synthetic.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:34 AM
orange5.0fox
1st Gear Member

Wow.. Some people on here, you don't need to replace your oil it's unnecessary, really how do u guys think your going to get gas in your oil by replacing a fpr, you simply remove the vaccum line from the fpr, remove the fpr from the fuel rail, place new fpr onto fuel rail ad reconnect the vaccum line, pretty much that easy. The only way your going to get gas in your oil is if you were to have a pond of gas on your lower intake manifold while having a bad intake gasket, or some major blow by (bad rings) and if that's the case I think you might have something bigger to worry about at the time than changing your oil. You'll be fine no need to change the oil just replace the fpr and adjust to Correct me if I'm wrong 35- 45 at idle. Best of luck man
Old 08-06-2010, 09:56 AM
89Mustangn00b
1st Gear Member

I do realize that I don't NEEEED an adjustable fpr. But, i do know that my fuel pressure is NOT where its suppose to be and therefor I should get one. The pressure is probably off from a bent fuel line or something, or maybe my fuel pump is squirting too much fuel - idunno.

An oil change??? and why is that?

This has to be one of my new favorite quotes of all time. I dont need one but I'm getting one because the fuel pressure isnt where it should be. So what your saying is your going to ignore 1 problem by adding a fpr to mask it. Sounds like fixing an exhaust leak with duct tape.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:17 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by orange5.0fox
The only way your going to get gas in your oil is if you were to have a pond of gas on your lower intake manifold while having a bad intake gasket, or some major blow by (bad rings) and if that's the case I think you might have something bigger to worry about at the time than changing your oil.
not true at all. All engins have some blowby. If they didnt, we wouldnt need PCV systems. If his car had a rich condition that, i could cause excess fuel to be pushed past the rings. Ever heard the term "fuel washed cylinders.

And as for changing the oil. A customer of mine went to two different shops trying to figure out a poor running condition in a mid 90's Jeep with a 4.0... After going through the usual suspects, just like the other shops had done. I checked his oil, found it to WREAK of fuel. Changed the oil and flushed it out. The gentleman was so floored that we were able to isolate his problem to an oil change. The underlying problen ended up being a sticking injector.. which again, the other shops missed. But the car instantly ran better after the oil change.

We have also had cars fail on the inspection dyno, but only by a small amount. An oil change later, and they passed... Weird... i know. But its true!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:44 PM
cholericfc
3rd Gear Member

So, what does the fpr get set at? I thought it should be set at 39 with the vacuum line on. My mechanic said 36.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:05 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

So, what does the fpr get set at? I thought it should be set at 39 with the vacuum line on. My mechanic said 36.
**** your mechanic in the butthole. set it at 39PSI with the vac line removed
Old 08-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

Dude where are you guys getting info on these cars and what craphole mechanics are you dealing with? 39psi vac off. I am just amazed to say the least...

Quick Reply: Adjustable Fuel Regulator