5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

94 mustang alarm problem/ no start

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 05:58 PM
keithhanna123

Default 94 mustang alarm problem/ no start

hey everyone, im new to the forum and new to fords. ive had chevys and jeeps so i know nothing about a ford. im looking to get a 94 ford mustang it has the v8 so im guessing it has the 5.0 also a 5speed. i can pick this car up for cheap but theres a problem with the factory alarm. as soon as the battery is hooked up the alarm goes off and the car cant be started because of it. i gotta look at it on wendsday. any info on this problem would be great, i want to know if its worth buying. i mean if i can fix it for under a grand id be worth it but anymore i could buy a running mustang. lety me know guys thanks
Old 08-02-2010, 08:27 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

disconnect the alarm module in the trunk. drivers side
Old 08-03-2010, 05:54 AM
keithhanna123

so if i unplug the connector that would get rid of the alarm and the problem with it not starting? i f thats the problem i can get a nice looking mustang for 500 bucks
Old 08-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Turbo4banger

It depends on what you mean by "alarm". When you connect the battery, does the horn honk or does a siren sound? If the horn honks then you should be able to disconnect module in the trunk like AdderMk2 says and your problem should be solved. If you hear a siren sound, then you have an aftermarket alarm, if this is the case, you need to locate the override switch. This is usually located under the driver side portion of the dash. Ford installed Code Alarm systems in the early/mid 90's. If you locate the switch (black push button) then put the key into the ignition, turn the "on" position and press and release the button, this (if working properly) should disable the alarm and allow you to start the vehicle. I hope this helps, and let me know how it goes. If for some reason you have an alarm other than Code Alarm, let me know and I can walk you through disarming that too. Good luck.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:32 PM
keithhanna123

thanks ill have more info on it tomm im going inthe morning to look at it, hoping to pick it up for 500, the car has no rust at all. its just been siting for a couple years due to the no start, im pretty sure he said it was the factory alarm
Old 08-05-2010, 03:23 PM
88LXSTANG
1st Gear Member

Got a similar question for you guys, how do I find out if mine came with a factory alarm. It's a 94 GT that I picked up in the winter and is now gettin finished. I called the dealership and they said it was to old for the computer to tell them anything. Is there something I should look for?
Old 08-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Turbo4banger

Originally Posted by 88LXSTANG
Got a similar question for you guys, how do I find out if mine came with a factory alarm. It's a 94 GT that I picked up in the winter and is now gettin finished. I called the dealership and they said it was to old for the computer to tell them anything. Is there something I should look for?
Pop the trunk, on the drivers side behind the carpet, there will be a grey connector mounted to the body panel (if you have keyless entry). The grey connector will have 2 male prongs inside of it. That is your programming connector. This means you have Factory Keyless Entry. Here is what the connector looks like
Old 08-07-2010, 08:08 AM
keithhanna123

fixed the problem, replaced the walmart key for the orig. key and it fired right up. so i got a perfect 94 mustang gt for 900 bucks
Old 08-07-2010, 11:19 PM
Turbo4banger

fantastic.... great find
Old 11-17-2011, 06:46 PM
felipe94gt

Hey everybody im new to this website but they told me about it and maybe yall can help i have 94 mustang gt conv with the factory alarm well i got to work and locked my car with the remote i pressed it once to lock the doors then again to activate the alarm through out the day i accidentally dropped my remote and it stopped working so i went to my car and i had to unlock it with the key but since i did that my car is completely dead wont start nothin i tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting but nothin i even unplugged the alarm module in the trunk still nothin is there somethin else i can do or another option maybe i did somethin wrong anyone plz help car has been sitting at my work for 2 days

Quick Reply: 94 mustang alarm problem/ no start