5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

WTF???

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 08:35 PM
ARod's 01GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by nacanitihs

could there be anything dripping on the downpipe?

where abouts is your downpipe located?

what brand turbo do you have?
My down pipe is on the passenger side of the motor and as far as anything leaking on it, the way it's setup there's really no way of having something leak on it without you really knowing, if you know what your looking for. The turbo is a no-name cheapo that is branded by On3 but many people have seen 500+ hp with the turbo without any problems. And I did a lot of research on the kits and honestly the turbo doesn't really seem to be the problem that the few people been having.

Originally Posted by ProTrickVic
have you checked you coolant? are you still running pcv, breather, evac?? your car can still run hard with a turbo even with a blown head gasket or really bad blow by cause you're ramming air down the throat of your motor.

does your oil smell like gas? i bet you're having some fuel leakdown into your oil.
Yes I have checked all fluids including coolant and none of them seem out of the ordinary other then the thickness of the oil. Like I said, it almost looks like oil colored water as it no longer has any "weight behind it". (That's a very bad explanation, I know sorry, but it no longer has the consistency it once/should have) And I am running little breather filters on the valve cover oil fill and on the lower intake towards the back because I was, but no longer am, having blow by issues. And I'm not sure what/where you mean about the fuel leaking down into my oil but I highly doubt it because the oil doesn't smell like gas.

As far as the turbo kit goes, the On3 kit is definitely well worth the price I paid, and the customer service is just excellent. I understand that a few people have had issues with fitment and leaks but I have had nothing but a positive experience with it. I do find that the majority of the people who trash talk the kit are the ones who never had experience with the actual kit but who have friends with friends that have had a bad experience.

As for me I'm gonna finish putting it back together and run a more turbo friendly oil and see if that works. I'll be sure to keep you all updated. So again thanks for all the help.