MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Bad CCRM? No Fuel...94 Cobra.. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/622675-bad-ccrm-no-fuel-94-cobra.html)

02WhiteGTVert 11-10-2010 02:27 PM

Found it!!! one of my oil cooler lines' hose clamp was pressed against my coolant temp sensor...it wore away the insulation of the wire so it grounded itself out on that hose clamp. i moved the clamp and the fan didn't come on as soon as i started the car. Whew, i thought that was gonna be a bitch of some wire tracing. Luckily it was something as simple as that!!!

02WhiteGTVert 11-10-2010 02:28 PM

i'm assuming that was also what was causing the EEC fuse to blow

ttocs 11-10-2010 05:08 PM

for future reference do not EVER replace a fuse with a bigger one. I installed car audio security for over 15 yrs and I have seen some HORRIBLE accidents from doing that. One customer had to replace his entire ignition wiring in a 2 yr old honda for a total of $3500 and another customer that set his car on fire....

mjr46 11-10-2010 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by 02WhiteGTVert (Post 7284272)
i'm assuming that was also what was causing the EEC fuse to blow

not likely, since ect is a thermistor and all a short to ground will do is signal to the pcm that resistance is low since a direct ground is provided, AS RESISTANCE goes down temp is precieved to go up, and since you provided a direct path to ground = very little resistance the pcm interpreted this as high engine temp thus signaling the high speed fan operation to cool engine down....now the rubbed through wire would explain why the fans would run right away but not the fuse blowing

02WhiteGTVert 11-10-2010 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by mjr46 (Post 7284891)
not likely, since ect is a thermistor and all a short to ground will do is signal to the pcm that resistance is low since a direct ground is provided, AS RESISTANCE goes down temp is precieved to go up, and since you provided a direct path to ground = very little resistance the pcm interpreted this as high engine temp thus signaling the high speed fan operation to cool engine down....now the rubbed through wire would explain why the fans would run right away but not the fuse blowing

I see what your saying..is it a ground only that runs to the ECT sensor? because i believe the insulation was rubbed off both wires..and after i fixed that issue the codes dissappeared for the CPU Failure Mode and Fuel Pump Circuit Open

mjr46 11-10-2010 09:09 PM

^^^^i'D HAVE TO HAVE A COMPLETE DIAGRAM OF THE SYSTEM.....to see where everything goes to to see possible scenarios.....the online stuff here is nowhere near as complete as what I use at work for troubleshooting....ahhh didn't know both wires had rubbed through..........in that case thermistors such as an ECT varies the value of its voltage output in accordance with temperature changes, so if the fuses is no longer blowing then your prob could be fixed :)

02WhiteGTVert 11-10-2010 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by mjr46 (Post 7284996)
^^^^i'D HAVE TO HAVE A COMPLETE DIAGRAM OF THE SYSTEM.....to see where everything goes to to see possible scenarios.....the online stuff here is nowhere near as complete as what I use at work for troubleshooting....ahhh didn't know both wires had rubbed through..........in that case thermistors such as an ECT varies the value of its voltage output in accordance with temperature changes, so if the fuses is no longer blowing then your prob could be fixed :)

Yes it was both wires, the fuse is no longer blowing and it's not showing the ECM Failure code anymore. You and adder are a ton of help on here, you guys are smart like college when it comes to 5.0's

mjr46 11-10-2010 09:29 PM

no problem^^^^ FYI , I do this for a living, I learn a new thing every day too!!! :)