MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Got the 95 5.0 almost ready to pull, need help with A/C compressor (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/629598-got-the-95-5-0-almost-ready-to-pull-need-help-with-a-c-compressor.html)

QuickV8 01-18-2011 08:32 PM

Got the 95 5.0 almost ready to pull, need help with A/C compressor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so i'm pulling out a 5.0 and 5 speed out of my 95 GT donor car for my 67. i got everything ready i believe, except for the A/C stuff. its got me confused a little. whats the best way to get it off just to remove the engine/trans? is there a way around it to where i dont have to remove the belt and a/c compressor? if not then whats the best way to do it. i know remove the belt and compressor but what else.. it looks like a line runs over to the passenger side in front of the firewall..do i disconnect that too? and how do i relieve the pressure from the a/c so its safe to remove?

Bowtietraitor 01-18-2011 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by QuickV8 (Post 7380141)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so i'm pulling out a 5.0 and 5 speed out of my 95 GT donor car for my 67. i got everything ready i believe, except for the A/C stuff. its got me confused a little. whats the best way to get it off just to remove the engine/trans? is there a way around it to where i dont have to remove the belt and a/c compressor? if not then whats the best way to do it. i know remove the belt and compressor but what else.. it looks like a line runs over to the passenger side in front of the firewall..do i disconnect that too? and how do i relieve the pressure from the a/c so its safe to remove?

A) Is the system dead or still charged? If it's dead just disconnect the lines. If not you're faced w/ a decision... Legally (& morally I guess...) you're supposed to have it vac'd out. That crap is nasty when you get a whif of it outdoors. If you're working indoors you definately don't want to vent it, and if there's open flame (like a furnace) nearby that's even more dangerous because when freon burns it changes to cyanic gas- which worked great for Hitler...

B)Are you keeping a/c on the car the running gear is going into? If not than just drop the compressor & leave it hanging on the lines in the carcass. Let it become the salvage yards problem... Than call summit & order an a/c delete kit for your serpentine configuration.

QuickV8 01-18-2011 11:13 PM

ok thanks. no i'm not re-using the a/c.. so i'll leave it hanging.

Bubba 95SN 01-19-2011 07:46 PM

95 has r134-a. Not dichloradiflorimethane r-12

Shelty 01-20-2011 12:03 AM

just unbolt it like previously mentioned. and i didnt realize freon was THAT nasty, my car still has a functioning a/c with r-12 in there...