5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

what should i do

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 03:08 AM
jdl01gt
1st Gear Member

Default what should i do

i am thinking about buying a 89 lx with the 4 cylinder in it for 1500 dollars. i will drive it around little just really wanted it because the body is in awesome shape. i was wondering if i should put a 302 or 351 in it. It will be a strip car with a little bit of street. what is involved in changing the four banger to a v-8 is it a big hassle. also would you go with carburated or EFI. quik you have to be on here so help an new fox body out being that i only know stuff about 4.6's and cars of my 01 GT. looking forward to your answers from everybody. (Got this for the side because 4.6's are so darn expensive.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:07 AM
settled4automatic
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: what should i do

302 parts are more common and cheaper than a 351. if you're lookin to make lotsa power in the long run and all that good stuff, a lotta folks go with a 331 stroker, so there's a few things to consider when you're deciding as far as your engine
Old 08-28-2005, 09:35 AM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

quote:

ORIGINAL: vfast

guys, please do not mark your threads as follows

how hard
what about this
look here.
how fast
WILL THIS WORK
is this the best
I need help
what to do next
etc
state your topic or it WILL BE DELETED
thanks!!

quote:

LOOK BEFORE POSTING..PEOPLE WHO POST NEW TOPICS - 5/19/2005 6:20:39 PM

vfast
Section Moderator
Old 08-28-2005, 11:43 AM
jdl01gt
1st Gear Member

well i thought i would ask this question becauase i have already searched this topic on this website and looked through the first twenty pages of this forum and have not seen anything about this topic sorry if i dont want to look for twenty days to look through this forum just to find out that this topic was not here. instead of crying about people why dont you just try to help them out a little bit vfast. that is what this forum is for so help instead of bitc**** about it. when you became a section moderrator you took on this responsibilty so dont cry about it. Just wanted everyones opinion about this topic.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:51 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

do i know you or you know me?

honestly 1500 is a lot of money for a 4 banger. i picked up my 88 5litre LX for 1K clean body with 128k on the clock..blah blah blah

i personally would keep EFI, i dont care for carbs

carbs would be cheaper

from my understanding you could use a 4 banger kmember. i personally dont know. ive heard both cases either its gone or its not
you should upgrade teh rear to a 8.8, 7.5 will work but its not as strong as the 8.8........also no need to get a 9' thats just overkill and 8.8s are strong if built right

you could use a 4 banger T5 but personally i wouldnt
you will need a dual hump tranny member so you can run duals
you can run the 4 banger springs if you want a drag car
i think the interior on the 4 bangers are single color where the 5litres are two tone for the most part

for a drag car if your budge allows it go with a 5.8 block its a better block and can be had cheaper then a 5.0 block. this being stock vs stock
Old 08-28-2005, 05:55 PM
jdl01gt
1st Gear Member

No You Dont Know me but i see you are always helping out people on here and you seem to know what your are talking about. i have an auto but do you think it will be alot easier to save up for an car with a 5.0 already in it or will it be worth doing it.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:37 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

then you should have but a topic to get a better response then to whin about