MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Fuel pressure regulator (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/64134-fuel-pressure-regulator.html)

cammedlx 08-30-2005 12:18 AM

Fuel pressure regulator

Just wondering when i do the intake,maf,tb,cam would my car be fine on the factory fuel pressure setting or would it need more fuel.

fordguy17 08-30-2005 12:22 AM

RE: Fuel pressure regulator

from what i could gather it seems the computer automaticaly adjusts the fuel pressure anyways no matter what you have it set at.

therefore it seems like a waste of money.

however, i never saw that proven. some said the computer does it others did not.

cammedlx 08-30-2005 01:55 AM

Never heard of that,but i don't really think i will need it just wanted to see what others thought.

crazyhorse 08-30-2005 02:29 AM

it would be better to get a adjustable fuel pressure regulater & fuel pressure gauge. you can get by with out it , but it is better to have it in case you need to set the pressure you can. good luck.

Quik 08-30-2005 08:11 AM

are you able to explain this? how does a computer control something that isnt linked to the fuel setup?

ORIGINAL: fordguy17

from what i could gather it seems the computer automaticaly adjusts the fuel pressure anyways no matter what you have it set at.

therefore it seems like a waste of money.

however, i never saw that proven. some said the computer does it others did not.

stanglx2002 08-30-2005 09:36 AM

i guess with quik thats not right and if you go ahead and get the AFPR now it will be easier to install since you will have the intake already off the car

sastangman 08-30-2005 01:36 PM

are you putting 24lbs injectors in? if you are i would get fuel reg.

wildstang87 08-30-2005 06:57 PM

raising the fuel pressure wont change the a/f ratio. the computer controls the ratio with the injector pulse, the regulator just keeps fuel in the rail so its there when needed. an afpr is handy when the injector size is too big or the computer tune is off. otherwise it isnt needed. the tune in the computer handles all a/f ratio duties, and the regulator makes sure there is adequate fuel at the injector to make the pulse.

fordguy17 08-30-2005 09:00 PM

ORIGINAL: wildstang87

raising the fuel pressure wont change the a/f ratio. the computer controls the ratio with the injector pulse, the regulator just keeps fuel in the rail so its there when needed. an afpr is handy when the injector size is too big or the computer tune is off. otherwise it isnt needed. the tune in the computer handles all a/f ratio duties, and the regulator makes sure there is adequate fuel at the injector to make the pulse.

thats exactly what i was trying to say.:)

86HOGT 08-30-2005 09:04 PM

Right!

And the AFPR is really only needed when adjusting WOT or A/F ratio, but that's not even always true neither. The computer can compensate like +-25% either way, any adjustments needed past that an AFPR is needed.