5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

windsor sr. heads

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 09:11 PM
bigrod

Default windsor sr. heads

well i purchased a set of these heads and i dont have any experience in porting but i feel like i could tackle it...just wanted any advice on how and if any has done these heads and have an idea about how they would perform??
Old 06-22-2011, 09:19 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

A buddy of mine has them. They are not really all that as far as flow but, plenty for a 302. I feel they would do well with a power adder as well. As far as porting, good luck. That is a lot of work on an iron head with a die grinder.

Last edited by TrimDrip; 06-22-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:43 PM
bigrod

Originally Posted by TrimDrip
A buddy of mine has them. They are not really all that as far as flow but, plenty for a 302. I feel they would do well with a power adder as well. As far as porting, good luck. That is a lot of work on an iron head with a die grinder.
how do you think the head would perform on a stroker/347 cause thats what i purchased to go with my setup, also a torker2 intake, a lunati voodoo solid roller cam, a holly 670 street avenger a valspring change for the heads, a c4 trans with a 3500 stall....hoping to get decent horsepower to the wheels...dont know how much
Old 06-23-2011, 09:23 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ditch the torquer intake, you'd be better off with a victor jr!!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:47 PM
bigrod

Originally Posted by mjr46
ditch the torquer intake, you'd be better off with a victor jr!!
10-4 will do!!
Old 06-24-2011, 05:31 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

those heads have been around for years and have been on some pretty fast cars. They should work fine on a 347 with some port work. But like said it is a lot of work. I would do a gasket match and a good clean up of the bowls knock down and casting flash and call it a day. If you want to go farther that's on you. Remember the fastest way from a to b is in a straight line and air dont like to go around corners. But with out a flow bench just getting in there and hogging metal away is not a good thing to do.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:06 PM
bigrod

Originally Posted by uedlose
those heads have been around for years and have been on some pretty fast cars. They should work fine on a 347 with some port work. But like said it is a lot of work. I would do a gasket match and a good clean up of the bowls knock down and casting flash and call it a day. If you want to go farther that's on you. Remember the fastest way from a to b is in a straight line and air dont like to go around corners. But with out a flow bench just getting in there and hogging metal away is not a good thing to do.
preciate the info doc...will be getting it taken care of and i will post up progress as i get things done...
Old 06-27-2011, 08:22 PM
tinman
5th Gear Member

I'd just do a careful 'bowl blend' after matching the intake/exhaust gaskets.
Hope you have air die grinders and plenty of sandpaper rolls and maybe a couple carbides.
To do this work it'll probably take 25-35 hours......
Old 06-29-2011, 01:53 PM
bigrod

Originally Posted by tinman
I'd just do a careful 'bowl blend' after matching the intake/exhaust gaskets.
Hope you have air die grinders and plenty of sandpaper rolls and maybe a couple carbides.
To do this work it'll probably take 25-35 hours......
any guess on how much some one would charge to do those heads?
Old 06-29-2011, 08:57 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

good port work can get up there due to the time it takes. $1000+ for port work is not unheard of. it really come down to how much work you want or need. call Fox lake or TEA or there is a guy that hangs out over on some of the other hardcore race sites named Dwayne Bush he does nice work from what I have seen. there lots of guys out there that do it and with the economy like it is prices are coming down.

Quick Reply: windsor sr. heads