5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What does this mean?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 10:34 AM
im_stuck_in_iraq
2nd Gear Member

Smile What does this mean?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/edelbr...fold-8695.html

Technical Note: This intake Manifold is designed to work with Edelbrock cylinder heads. Larger injectors will be needed depending upon power levels. The 1994-1995 Mustangs will require a conversion to the 1987-1993 inlet systems. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN??? Conversion to the 87 92 inlet systems? I plan on getting bbk 70 or 75 mm and either the victor EFI intake manifold 75 MM or performer rpm II which is 70 MM.

I do love the look of the black trick flow intake. i think i saw an edelbrock one that was black???

Eventually h/c/i... cost to much $

Just TB and INTAKE now. Any sugestions. Street mainly car. Driving it only on nice days maybe 500 miles i put on her last year.. maybe.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:23 PM
im_stuck_in_iraq
2nd Gear Member

*bump*
Old 11-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Venomantidote95
4th Gear Member

The sn tb elbow is suggested nonfitment! 100% true unless you as I done smog states u have to do the conversion.... The tb mounting flang is moved 1/2 into center so the egr flange hits the vlv cover keeping the plenum from bolting on.... Fix you have to use the stock sn covers plus do a egr block off and cut the lower flange off plus have atleast a phenolic spacer of 3/8in my nx plate is my spacer. That is what that tech note it about! I used the vic efi on my engine.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Venomantidote95
4th Gear Member

On a stock engine the vic efi will be too much the lower is made for stock heads I had to hand port mine that is the only complaint I had with mine.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:16 PM
im_stuck_in_iraq
2nd Gear Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Venomantidote95
On a stock engine the vic efi will be too much the lower is made for stock heads I had to hand port mine that is the only complaint I had with mine.
This is what it says: not stock heads. Eventually ill have heads and cam and headers but not now. Im not gonna buy 70 mm stuff then when i upgrade buy 75 80 mm stuff. waste of money. WIll it work until i upgrade or no?

Technical Note. This intake Manifold is designed to work with Edelbrock cylinder heads. Larger injectors will be needed depending upon power levels.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:26 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

that intake is way too much for your car. DO NOT BUY IT
Old 11-30-2011, 05:43 PM
im_stuck_in_iraq
2nd Gear Member

Cool hallp

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
that intake is way too much for your car. DO NOT BUY IT
Well eventually i want to h/c/i prob supercharger... years down. I just don't want to buy something that wont work when i upgrade stuff down the road. What do you suggest. Tell me and ill buy it.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:31 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

putting your car in bits and pieces will cost you more money in the long run, than if you just do it all once. Set your plan, save your money, build you car.

That intake on your current engine will make you run like ****. You will have no torque, your bottom end power will be a joke, and a Prius will be faster then you.

You could save yourself a ton of aggravation and just buy my current 347.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:51 PM
im_stuck_in_iraq
2nd Gear Member

Cool ?

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
putting your car in bits and pieces will cost you more money in the long run, than if you just do it all once. Set your plan, save your money, build you car.

That intake on your current engine will make you run like ****. You will have no torque, your bottom end power will be a joke, and a Prius will be faster then you.

You could save yourself a ton of aggravation and just buy my current 347.
Specs? $?
Old 11-30-2011, 07:48 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

if your gonna supercharge, an rpm 2 intake will be plenty and still retain drivibility, the s/c will make up any shortcomings with boost, trust me, I have a s/c vert or did..lol until I blew it up, non need for victor stuff on a s/c stock blocked motor, you'll have plenty to split it with boost