5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

CAR IS GOING TO THE JUNKYARD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 03:01 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Default RE: CAR IS GOING TO THE JUNKYARD!!!

Everything went uphill tonight after the removal of the security system. I took that out and discovered that my negative cable was a little loose so I hooked that up and tried to start it up and poof, it started!!! (knock on wood lol). Maybe this isn't something that I noticed before, but, it sounds like something's ticking maybe it's my rocker arms, hell if I know. But it's not a loud tick you can barely hear it. Well anyways I can't wait to get my subframes in and my ignition stuff, thanks for all the help guys!!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Quik
6th Gear Member

just burn it if your wires got hot chances are they got distorted. i would replace them
Old 09-12-2005, 11:54 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

Sounds like you either had a bad connection or your alarm was draining a lot of juice. Awesome you got it figured out though Good luck with the subframe & ignition.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:26 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Thanks guys, Fox GT you've got a sexy car!
Old 09-12-2005, 03:46 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

who needs an alarm..a good thief will still get it while laughing driving it down the raod[:@]
Old 09-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Pure5.0
3rd Gear Member

Alright here we go:

First off too much resistance on your ground line would have caused voltage spikes in your system of your car. This would have happened everytime you started your car. There is a possibility that a voltage spike blew a capacitor or resistor on your alarm that has yeilded it functional but not 100% functional. Disconnecting it would have helped but that would not always solve the problem. Alarms go bad easy.

I have run into many alarms that cause the car to have problems. Also if you pulled your alarm and the kill switch was an external relay (what caused the car not to start when the alarm is armed. With this being said the alarm could have been pulled out and the relay still stayed activated causing the car not to start. That could have happened. Also because the alarm went off when you connected your battery that is common. Most alarms are defaulted to go off when power is turned on from an off position.

Find the starter wire and disconnect the relay from it and connect them together. This insures a positive start all the time.

Also motor relays (solenoids) go bad easily too. To test it just grab a small speaker wire or primary wire and take the small rubber elbow off the top of the relay. That is the turn on switch. quickly touch that small ribbed piece of metal and the 12V+ on the batt. The car should crank. If it does not then it is a bad relay. Buying a brand new motor relay ($25) from ford is always a good idea when the solenoid shows signs of problems.

Also when you removed your alarm make sure you didn't remove the relays attached to wires in your kick panel. Those are for your door locks and if you remove them you will not have doorlocks. Your car has a 5-wire locking system. This means they have to be hooked up properly with an aftermarket alarm or from ford correctly or they wont work.

who needs an alarm..a good thief will still get it while laughing driving it down the raod
True but if an alarm is installed right it will cause most car jackers headaches. Also they can still get past it but it will take a lot longer then they want. But where I disagree with you is most car jackers are stupid and don't know how to get past a properly installed alarm.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:52 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

I agree...look @ 1991
Old 09-12-2005, 07:11 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

if i want your car nothing will stop me from taking it. oops i mean if a theft wants it. alarm just told you it got stolen

j/k im no theft but im serious no alarm is going ot stop a real theft
Old 09-12-2005, 07:13 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

yeah right.....
Old 09-12-2005, 09:10 PM
mustang8719
3rd Gear Member

If hooked up properly which many people don't do by the time they get it started the cops will have their guns drawn.

On top of that the alarms are also good starting points for goodies. Like roll up windows,Self starting,Trunk popping,Window roll down ETC.

Quick Reply: CAR IS GOING TO THE JUNKYARD!!!