5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Header help....94 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 09:05 PM
New2theGame

Default Header help....94 5.0

I was planning on getting new headers for my 94 GT this spring but I cant seem to find any that are for an automatic. Both BBKs on American muscle (long tube and shortys) are fit for manual only. Any help on finding some would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-12-2012, 10:01 PM
New2theGame

Alright I kinda answered my own question. I found the MACs, but which exact ones should I be getting? And then do I have to pair them with a MAC mid or can I get a different brand mid?

http://www.macperformance.com/store/...ategory_ID=372
Old 02-12-2012, 10:14 PM
nightcrawler52
2nd Gear Member

I have long tubes on my Cobra and I love them. Long tubes will give you more power, but you cant go back to your stock catted mid pipe.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:24 PM
New2theGame

Originally Posted by nightcrawler52
I have long tubes on my Cobra and I love them. Long tubes will give you more power, but you cant go back to your stock catted mid pipe.

I already have an off-road X on there. I just wanted to upgrade. Do you know which Mac LTs I should be getting from that link? And then do I have to pair the Mac LTs with a Mac mid or can I get BBK or some other brand? My catback is SLP too btw.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:20 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by New2theGame
I already have an off-road X on there. I just wanted to upgrade. Do you know which Mac LTs I should be getting from that link? And then do I have to pair the Mac LTs with a Mac mid or can I get BBK or some other brand? My catback is SLP too btw.
If you already ave an offroad X pipe, you dont have to worry about any transmission fitment issues. Just buy a set of headers that match what youve got now.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:02 PM
New2theGame

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
If you already ave an offroad X pipe, you dont have to worry about any transmission fitment issues. Just buy a set of headers that match what youve got now.

The X I have on there now is just a sh*tty Pypes brand. I plan on getting a BBK or other higher end brand. American Muscle support said their BBK headers are only fit for manuals and I wont be putting them on myself so I want ones I know will fit without any problems.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Tony71502
5th Gear Member

The BBK off road x-pipe I have is not very impressive quality wise. The part in the middle that makes the X is pretty much two pieces of stamped stainless sheetmetal sandwiching the two inlet and two outlet pipes. The stamped pieces are welded to each other and the pipes to close it all up. When I hung the exhaust there were 3 or 4 pinholes in their welds and I had to go over with my welder and close up.

It was brand new BBK ordered through Summit. Bastards could have at least used all stainless flanges. I think 2 or 3 out of four are stainless.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:16 PM
New2theGame

Originally Posted by Tony71502
The BBK off road x-pipe I have is not very impressive quality wise. The part in the middle that makes the X is pretty much two pieces of stamped stainless sheetmetal sandwiching the two inlet and two outlet pipes. The stamped pieces are welded to each other and the pipes to close it all up. When I hung the exhaust there were 3 or 4 pinholes in their welds and I had to go over with my welder and close up.

It was brand new BBK ordered through Summit. Bastards could have at least used all stainless flanges. I think 2 or 3 out of four are stainless.

Thanks for the info. Still need help on which headers I should be getting and if I can pair them with a diff brand X.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Bubba 95SN
4th Gear Member

Mac headers use Mac midpipe.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:08 PM
New2theGame

Originally Posted by Bubba 95SN
Mac headers use Mac midpipe.
Alright so no other mids besides a Mac can be used with their headers? I'm not too familiar with Mac...are they a solid brand and worth getting their headers/mid setup?

Quick Reply: Header help....94 5.0